Profile Picture

Made purchase on my account but for software registered to company I am working for

Posted By yancowles 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Made purchase on my account but for software registered to company I...

Author
yancowles
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
Anyone from RL on here?
Turns out that despite the software and model being paid for, it appears I'm disqualified from using a legitmate purchase because the accounts are different.
Is there a way round this?
Have sent message to support but need to resolve this ASAP.

ta
Yan
Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Dear Yan

For content packs to work they must be registered to the same account as the copy of iClone (or other program) you are using.

If iClone and the content packs are registered to different accounts we will need to merge the accounts together. If you have contacted Support they should be able to do this for you. Do be sure to let them know the account usernames so they can merge them.

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Deleted. The Forum Admin was quicker.Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
7 Years Ago by wires
yancowles
yancowles
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Ah, I see.
Merging accounts isn't an option. Will I be able to get a refund and get my client to repurchase?

Thanks
Yan
Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

yancowles (5/4/2017)
Ah, I see.
Merging accounts isn't an option. Will I be able to get a refund and get my client to repurchase?

Thanks
Yan

If the content came from the Content Store then you can certainly get a refund. If the content came from the Marketplace, then unfortunately a refund won't be possible as the Marketplace operates a strict no refund policy. This is because your payment of points goes directly to the individual vendor and not to Reallusion.

yancowles
yancowles
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, damn, it came from marketplace.
For the record, what's the issue with purchasing content for different accounts i.e. why should there be a problem with this if all the software and models are legit?

ta
yan
Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

yancowles (5/5/2017)
Oh, damn, it came from marketplace.
For the record, what's the issue with purchasing content for different accounts i.e. why should there be a problem with this if all the software and models are legit?

ta
yan

Dear Yan

All content from the Content Store or Marketplace is DRM protected which directly links it to your iClone serial number. This is to stop the illegal sharing of content. This unfortunately means that you can't have iClone content registered to one account and iClone to another.
yancowles
yancowles
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

But in this instance, it's totally legit isn't it?
y
info_787665
info_787665
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi! I have the same problem, could someone help me to merge 2 acounts in one? Thanks!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 minutes ago
info_787665 (9/27/2021)
Hi! I have the same problem, could someone help me to merge 2 acounts in one? Thanks!

Please contact Customer Support using the link below.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

They will be able to merge the accounts for you. Do remember to let them know both account email addresses and make clear which one you want to use for your main account going forward.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic