Profile Picture

iClone project won't render with Popvideo Plane...

Posted By Labape 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Oh, sorry, cross-posted.  So you're not using these as a billboard?

You *can* put these on planes (or any other surface, for that matter) but the accepted way is to create a "billboard" (which is just a one-sided plane meant specifically for this kind of thing).  It also has an option to face the camera always (which is a good thing for billboards and in general will be how to use it -- there are *times* you don't want this but not often).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (5/3/2017)
Oh, sorry, cross-posted.  So you're not using these as a billboard?

You *can* put these on planes (or any other surface, for that matter) but the accepted way is to create a "billboard" (which is just a one-sided plane meant specifically for this kind of thing).  It also has an option to face the camera always (which is a good thing for billboards and in general will be how to use it -- there are *times* you don't want this but not often).

Let me give that a shot.

Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)Veteran Member (660 reputation)

Nope. Deleted the Plane and replaced it with a Billboard.  Same issue  Here is the .PNG I am playing with:https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb2911ec-c1f9-4ad2-84c9-8c50.png
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Well, that worked for me so I'm kinda stumped.  You might want to open up an RL ticket and see what they have to say.  If I think of anything else I'll let you know (off to bed right now).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for all your suggestions! 

Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Well, I opened a case with Support... the response I got was basically "Why the Heck are you trying to do that?"  So that wasn't much help.   *shrug*  I'm at a loss... and Im afraid this software, as awesome as it is, won't do what I needed it to do, at least not for me. 

Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Well, I opened a case with Support... the response I got was basically "Why the Heck are you trying to do that?"  So that wasn't much help.   *shrug*  I'm at a loss... and Im afraid this software, as awesome as it is, won't do what I needed it to do, at least not for me. 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"Why are you trying to do this?"  Do what?  Are they puzzled because your file is only one frame long?  Really shouldn't matter one way or the other (and it *does* work for me).

If you PM me I'll give you my email and can send you a PopVideo sample for you to try that works for me -- at least that would narrow down the issues (you can also send me the PopVideo you end up producing).  This shouldn't be this hard to fix.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"Why are you trying to do this?"  Do what?  Are they puzzled because your file is only one frame long?  Really shouldn't matter one way or the other (and it *does* work for me).

If you PM me I'll give you my email and can send you a PopVideo sample for you to try that works for me -- at least that would narrow down the issues (you can also send me the PopVideo you end up producing).  This shouldn't be this hard to fix.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Yes they are puzzled why I would create a 1 frame video.  My answer was because I could and because I was testing Pop Video.  The Pop Video you sent me failed as well.  HOWEVER... I took one of my Avatars and animated him in front of a green 2d background.  Rendered that as an AVI, Imported that into Pop Video and then Imported that Pop Video onto a Billboard and iClone Rendered it!  So I did a successfull render.  But why these other videos are not working,  (both those stills, and 1 motion clip) is driving me crazy.  Especially since Its working for you!  Ive tried multiple projects as well...  I'm really at a loss.

Reading This Topic