Speeding up Prop Animation

Posted By selfb2 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
selfb2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello!
I've laid out an entire 30 second animation featuring various props, but to match the separate audio, I need the entire animation to be quicker (24-is seconds). Rather than going in and changing every single transition point in the Transform Timeline editor, is there a way to speed up the entire prop(s) at once? 
I have already looked into "Speed, Loop, and Blending" (https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Animator/help/animator/Pro/09_Timeline/Speed_Loop_and_Blending.htm) but the timeline editor does not give me the option to select the "Speed" option (greyed out) and there are no clips in under the "Collect Clip" tab (I'm assuming there never are for props?). Can anyone help or at least confirm that you can't speed up props?
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The props speed option enable when the motion is a clip. 
Please refer below figure.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/74f01b2a-76d9-4d43-8ee7-faae.png

I suggest that you can use "Collect Clip" function to transfer to action menu, then add the motion into Timeline.
1.)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f7191c1-eb04-42eb-bf13-3c7a.png

2.)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd303df9-a1d2-4f49-ad2b-d7ae.png
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Is there a video that really shows how to make an animated prop from start to finish, I can't find any and I didn't see anything in the online help or pdf.
I have created an animated props in both the stage and composer mode but still can't use collect clip to save the entire projects animation to be used as an animated prop. When I select all of the parts of the object on screen, the collect clip still only saves the motion of one object not all of the parts together to be added to the action menu or saved.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
7 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Regarding prop animation tutorial is here.
Or the online manual has introduced what is the prop.
In addition, if you would like to export entire projects animation as an animated prop, you could try to create compound prop in the prop composer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c4715c8f-0e34-49d8-bec7-9d22.png

brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yes I read and seen those ,that's creating a sprite replacement prop method and the elastic motion ,both I know how to do.I made a drum prop with about 8 moving parts,maybe I'm wrong but I thought I could animate it with all its moving parts then collect the entire props motion and save it as an animated prop.
Later bring the drum to stage mode ,right click the action menu ,find the saved motion of the entire drums parts and it plays.
Maybe I am wrong as to what I thought. 

I figured it out. I took one section of the drums into composer mode and assembled it,next back to stage mode ,animated it and was able to collect all the movements and save it as an animated prop.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
7 Years Ago by brothertcoleman

Reading This Topic