You don't have permission to rate!

How to edit the motion clips recorded using Direct Puppet tool

Author
Question.png
thanosxanderian
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I am recording custom motions using the Direct Puppet Tool and it works fine. However, after I finish recording, I cannot edit the length of the motion clip other than break the clip into smaller motion clips. Also If I set a keyframe before recording the motion and delete the recorded clip afterwards, it poses my character into a T-Pose. It doesn't revert back to the original pose where the keyframe was set. Hence, my questions are:
  1. How can I edit the lengths and other properties of the motion clips recorded using the Direct Puppet tool
  2. Is there away to prevent the character from being posed into a T-Pose after a motion clip has been deleted?

Thanks in advance.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
thanosxanderian (4/26/2017)
I am recording custom motions using the Direct Puppet Tool and it works fine. However, after I finish recording, I cannot edit the length of the motion clip other than break the clip into smaller motion clips. Also If I set a keyframe before recording the motion and delete the recorded clip afterwards, it poses my character into a T-Pose. It doesn't revert back to the original pose where the keyframe was set. Hence, my questions are:
  1. How can I edit the lengths and other properties of the motion clips recorded using the Direct Puppet tool
  2. Is there away to prevent the character from being posed into a T-Pose after a motion clip has been deleted?

Thanks in advance.

I just tested this and had no problems with editing the lengths etc. as shown in the video.  I also show how to set and use the default pose.  Sorry there's no audio but I think you'll see what I did.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

thanosxanderian
thanosxanderian
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Okay, thanks. I can now edit the speed of recorded motions. But let's say I record a motion using the Direct Puppet tool and I don't want that motion to include the keyframes of the hands. That is, I want to use this motion independent of the character hand shapes. Hence, if I apply this motion to a new character with a different hand shape, I would only affect the other body parts of the new character except for its hands.

Using Edit Motion Layer, I could just remove the keyframes for the Right and Left hands. But for a motion created using Direct Puppet tool, how would I achieve that? I tried editing the motion layer by removing the hand keyframes after I recorded a new motion. However that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Sorry, if I am asking stupid questions, I am just new to iClone. And thank you again for taking the time to answers my questions clearly!

Reading This Topic