Character entering the ground when walking

Posted By Jfrog 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi,

When a character walks in the "terrain of the world", it does not follow the mesh of the ground but instead walk thru the mountain.  I believe there is an option to have the character follow the curve of the ground but I can't find it.   

Does anybody have any idea?   Smile

Thank you!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The option is Edit => Terrain Snap => Follow terrain, but that shouldn't really be necessary if using a standard walk cycle. (That is, one that you access via right-clicking the character and selecting a Move option.)

What is the specific terrain that you're using?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
Do make sure that your ground (or mountain) is actually set to be terrain as well. You can right-click on any prop and select "add to terrain".
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I tried the "snap to terrain" and "follow terrain" with the same results. I use G5 characters and the mixmove motions. I did some tests with the CC characters and it follow the terrain but floating 1 foot above it. Even if the feet were in contact with the ground at the start of the motion. All animations were removed from the character before each test.

This is happening with all terrains of the world scene and also other meshs terrain such as the "desert terrain pack". On the flat surface it seems to be working but the  charactere can't climb or go down the small bumps and hills.

Other Ideas?    Wink

Thanks!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Reading This Topic