Profile Picture

Expression Editor - Force Import of Values?

Posted By TonyDPrime 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
Any way to export a table of values (ie Visemes) and then import them into another session of Expression Editor, despite the fact that bone or vertices may not match?  
I know you can export a profile and then import it to another session, but I get error with something to do with bones/vertices not matching, so I can't import.  
This will occur even when the list of morph names is identical, and the values themselves work just fine in the new session when entered manually.  Ie I type them in the Viseme values exactly the same in the new session. 

What would be great, instead of having the error/warning message, would be to have an option to force the import of values, or, an option to export the values from one session to a table, and then this table of values could be mapped to an import table in a new session, even if the bones and vertices don't match.  Would make the process faster vs typing values in manually.  

THX!
animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've been having the same problem. I would like to import some non-genesis characters into iClone. For example the Gumdrops series - https://www.daz3d.com/gumdrops-candy-the-base. Even if I create expressions in DAZ studio to match the spreadsheet, the expressions are not picked up in the 3DXchange expression editor and I have to manually re-create each one. I've even tried saving profiles for the character and creating ini files with no luck.  
animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've been having the same problem. I would like to import some non-genesis characters into iClone. For example the Gumdrops series - https://www.daz3d.com/gumdrops-candy-the-base. Even if I create expressions in DAZ studio to match the spreadsheet, the expressions are not picked up in the 3DXchange expression editor and I have to manually re-create each one. I've even tried saving profiles for the character and creating ini files with no luck.  
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
TonyDPrime (4/24/2017)
...despite the fact that bone or vertices may not match? 

3D Morphing:
The term Moph always derives from the base mesh. The vertices are weighted to the bones.
If they don't match... you can't possible match profiles or anything else because the Base Mesh's are not the same.
Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee

Reading This Topic