Profile Picture

Create new Actor Issues

Posted By srjones98 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
srjones98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
For some reason the Create New actor is not working correctly.  It will show it is uploading the photo and nothing.  The image processing window, auto-fill anchor points and so on do not come up.  Anytime I click it just make the error noise.  I tried restarting my computer and that didn't work.  I also uninstaller the program and reinstalled it to see if that would help but it didnt.  I have several items I need to have animated by this Friday.  Does anyone have any ideas of why this isn't working?  Thank you
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
What product is this about?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

srjones98
srjones98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

It is for Crazytalk 8- standard
srjones98
srjones98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Here is a link to a
 video of what I am talking about.  If you have ideas please let me know.  https://youtu.be/xLf2xNGSbh0
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I have Pro, but the windows to create 2D heads comes up in my case, so I don't know what the problem could be.

The only thing I can thing of is the window is somehow hidden behind the main window.

Try this: resize the main CT8 window to less the full screen (just enough to see the create face icon) and repeat what you did before. Hopefully the window will now be visible.

srjones98
srjones98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you for your feedback.  Darn it didn't work.  It is so odd it worked perfect before.  Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it.  I am under a time crunch and I am not going to make it at this rate.  
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As this seems specific to your system, you could try Support: https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx.

What is your OS? If it is Windows 10, then a recent update may have caused problems. One area to check is your graphics drivers.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi srjones98,

It sounds more like a corrupt jpg to me, is the size about the same as the pig, pixel wise?  If it's a really large pic that may cause CT8 to hang, or a raw pic from a camera not converted quite right has given me problems in the past.

You could try saving the jpg as a png through your favorite image editor and give that a shot, or maybe saving it again as a jpg might work also.  If you post the pic in question I would give it a try in my pipeline version to see it it hangs for me too.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

srjones98
srjones98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you for all your help.  I deleted it off my computer and install it on my desktop at home.  It is working fine on my desktop.  Not sure what the deal was with my laptop which is my computer I use for all my graphics and video.  I will just finish my project on the desktop.  Thanks again

Reading This Topic