Smoothed Edges On Body Parts

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I am implementing morphs for CC characters to be able to cut off body parts...Gruesome but needed for some films.

My idea was to create two morphs for each detachable body part...one that removed the part and one that removed everything but the body part. This was both parts can be generated from the same (complete) CC character meaning that any skin settings setup in CC will be applied equally to both the missing limb character as well as the missing limb. The idea was to import both into iClone, link them together, and thus be able to use both the character and the severed limb in the scene (prior to the severing) and then be able to sever them without having to do a character swap.

The issue that I ran into is that the CC Morphs produce sharp edges - which is desirable - but when the missing limb character and the body part character are imported into iClone it seems that iClone attempts to smooth the characters including the (desired) sharp edges (where the limb is severed). This means that when the missing limb character and the body part characters are placed side by side there is a obvious dent were iClone smoothed the edges. In addition, the dent is picked up by the shader and thus made even more obvious. Ideally I would like the edges to stay sharp so that when the two characters are placed side by side then merge seamlessly (i.e. not give any indication that the limb can be severed).

Is there any way to suspend the smoothing of sharp edges on CC characters?

Note: It is difficult to tell, when the character is in CC, if the smoothing occurs in CC or iClone. It is possible that the smoothing is done in CC before the character is sent to iClone.  

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic