Text Animation in CTA3

Posted By K.M. 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
K.M.
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
How do I animate text in CTA3? I noticed that CTA3 has very limited text templates. I know that there are elastic motion animations available. I want to be able to write text like typewriter, one character at a time. Or use mixed colors, fonts, sizes and pop them on screen using the elastic motions. I need a link, a video or some examples to see visually so I can use them in my own future videos. Thanks for your help.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
K.M. (4/16/2017)
How do I animate text in CTA3? I noticed that CTA3 has very limited text templates. I know that there are elastic motion animations available. I want to be able to write text like typewriter, one character at a time. Or use mixed colors, fonts, sizes and pop them on screen using the elastic motions. I need a link, a video or some examples to see visually so I can use them in my own future videos. Thanks for your help.

Yes it can be done, you will need an image editor such as PhotoShop, Gimp or PaintDOTNet which is the one I use. 
I didn't spend a lot of time on this but wanted to prove that it can be done.
1) Create the letters you want to animate and save each one out as a png file.
2) In CTA3 create a prop and select the first letter, animate it then repeat for the remainder letters to animate.
The page about creating props in CTA3 is [HERE]

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
K.M.
K.M.
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

OK got it, thanks for your help. Although it's doable the way you described, I was hoping to change the fonts, text size, fill patterns etc. on the fly. By creating external props, I will have to create many props of varying text properties to use them when I need them. Buy any ways, I might use another program to add text on top of the video output from CTA3. Thanks again for your tips, SF.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
K.M. (4/17/2017)
OK got it, thanks for your help. Although it's doable the way you described, I was hoping to change the fonts, text size, fill patterns etc. on the fly. By creating external props, I will have to create many props of varying text properties to use them when I need them. Buy any ways, I might use another program to add text on top of the video output from CTA3. Thanks again for your tips, SF.

I was able to simulate typing while playing around in CTA3, if you're still interested in doing it.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

K.M.
K.M.
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks again. I will have to play with CTA3 to learn the tricks. But generally I know how to do the text simulation. It would work for me if I have only 2 to 3 text messages in the video. If I have more than that, then it will be somewhat messy. I will try it out in my spare time. Cheers!

Reading This Topic