05. What's new in CrazyTalk Animator v3.1

Posted By Ola(RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The PSD Feature Arrives! 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/70fd5ddb-1009-44e8-9acb-d1de.png

We truly appreciate your love for CrazyTalk Animator, it can not go this far without your valuable opinions and feedback that greatly helped improving product development, and up to now there are already over 86 tickets that have been classified and taken care of by the team. These include:
Over 19 fixed defects were Released. Check out > 
Over 24 were solved by the team. Check out > 
Over 17 issues are Assigned to the team to work on, and aim to be released in a future update. Check out >
Around 14 issues are set Active for the team to verify and take care of. Check out > 
      Current known issues of CTA 3.1 are listed as below, we are working hard to list them as fixed.
1. Render Style does not support multiple selected objects.
2. Possible crashes on replacing second G3 character created from a PSD file.
3. Render Style did not work correctly after changing sprite from character created from a PSD file.
4. The mesh was too low in character's mouth, created from a PSD file.
5. The attach function did not work on facial features in the Composer mode.
6. Possible visual defects during character motion editing, due to low mesh.
7. Different color between CTA viewport and output .mp4 video.
8. Program crashed when using Invert function in Mask Editor and then closing the Mask Editor dialog.

Reallusion has also enhanced CrazyTalk Animator 3 into an even better 2D animation tool infused with the power of importing and animating PSD files directly. 
With CrazyTalk Animator V3.1 (CTA 3.1), you can do anything CTA 3 can do. On top of that, the new features of CTA 3.1 are:
  1. Direct PSD character animation. (Pipeline only)
  2. Save facial parts independently.
  3. Replace G3 Characters under stage mode.
  4. Timeline enhancement.

New Features

1. From Photoshop and PSD Compatible Tools to CrazyTalk Animator 3.
 (Pipeline only)
      Besides the layered images, the PSD tools must be able to import and export information containing GROUP and MASK, so that CTA 3.1 can correctly read back the complete data. PSD files from Photoshop, AFFINITY, Xara, CLIP STUDIO PAINT and KRITA are fully supported by CTA 3.1, other tools may not provide the full PSD implementation. Let's take a look of how to animate PSD files with CTA 3.1 from basic to advance. See the tutorials to find out how easy it is to animate PSD directly.
      (1). Animate a Character from 6 Body Parts - only 6 images required

(2). Create a standard G3 character with 10 Body Parts

(3). Adding a Full Set of Animated Hand Gestures

(4). Adding facial animation from Facial Feature library

(5). Create your own animated facial features part I

(6). 
Create your own animated facial features part II 
            Coming soon

For more tutorials of CTA, please CLICK HERE.

Pipeline users can download the complete CTA3.1 PSD Resource Pack
      This includes; 5 templates, 17 sample projects. 
Click here for for more information

2.  Save facial features 
independently for future reuse.

3. Replace G3 Characters under Stage Mode while motions remain intact.

4. Timeline enhancement.
      (1). Added: Ctrl + mouse roll to move timeline back and forth.
      (2). Added: Right mouse click on motion clips to reset speed.
      (3). Enhanced: Alt + mouse roll to zoom in / out working area.
      (4). Enhanced: Alt + drag to stably move working area.
      (5). Enhanced: Sub-track added will be automatically highlighted.
      (6). Enhanced: Motion clip shows icons instead of long texts such as Time warp, Transition Curve and Elastic Motion Curve.
      (7). Enhanced: Ctrl + left mouse click to select multiple clips.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
Brick Loko
Brick Loko
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Fantastic!
Looking forward to testing it.

Thanks for the hard work on make it happens.
cbyas
cbyas
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Used to be a time when you needed pro to create characters.  Now you need pipeline to do so?  That sucks big time
Edited
7 Years Ago by cbyas
jacollinson
jacollinson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Does it cope with 2 and 4 legged animals particularly horses?
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Yes, it does.
You can use quadruped template as reference.

hj
hj
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.4K reputation)

(5). Create your own animated facial features part I

This does not work so in "Krita"
because in Krita you are not able to "align" or "arrange" different layers by the programm.
Aligning Bones does not work in krita
You have to do ist step by step
You have this feature only in Vector-Layers.
Drag and Drop does not work in Krita
Select all pose layers of the left hand; drag and drop them into the LHandgroup folder of the character PSDtemplate document.
does not work in Krita
hj

Fehler gehören zum Leben.
Was zählt, ist, wie man auf Fehler reagiert
Niki Giovanni
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2f83b8-b491-4e74-bf8b-6a98.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by hj
AniMajik
AniMajik
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
I have CTA 3 Pro (Mac).  Is it possible to upgrade to CTA 3 Pipeline?  And how much would it be for the upgrade?
Thanks
barrie_mcdermid
barrie_mcdermid
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)

I've visited this link https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/PSD-character-animation.html

I've logged in and I've downloaded the CTA3_Enu_resource_Pack_Mac.pkg.

Where do I find the PSD templates?

Anyone?
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
barrie_mcdermid (4/29/2017)
I've visited this link https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/PSD-character-animation.html

I've logged in and I've downloaded the CTA3_Enu_resource_Pack_Mac.pkg.

Where do I find the PSD templates?

Anyone?

When u installed it should have given a list where installed. Search in Reallusion\CrazyTalk Animator 3\Content Readme.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f553a32-ade5-4998-8081-b117.gif
Search for these folders.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

Reading This Topic