Profile Picture

Brekel Mocap and other recommended mocap systems (besides Perception Neuron) for iClone

Posted By rjj1234 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Brekel Mocap and other recommended mocap systems (besides Perception...

Author
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
be careful lots of scams out there.. first thing i do is look for contact info a real address
their whois is protected under domain privacy .. https://www.whois.com/whois/fastmocap.com
they dont even have a p.o. box mailing address ..
they are also using things like gundam style which is a stock freebie animation.    
If i cant figure out who owns the business I tend to not touch.. and i can't find who owns this business..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
OK, Kellytoons, I'll defer to your wish to perform the old person mocaps.  But I reserve the right to creak and shuffle along in real life.
Thanks, Urbanlamb (and Kellytoons) for investigating this further.  The thought of a scam would never have crossed my mind.

I actually picked up on this from a YouTube video of something like the top five home motion capture systems and people commenting were blaming the video creator for just assembling video demos from original sellers websites rather than speaking from first-hand use.

It really does pay to be cautious.  We really do live in a post-truth age. 
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Grimhilda (4/10/2017)

It really does pay to be cautious.  We really do live in a post-truth age. 

haha yes its true we got those "alternative facts" to worry about.  Yeah the video was a bit suspicious to me on the website.  I didnt check youtube for comments (dont read comments often anyhow) but if i dont recognize the vendor and i haven't seen em around then I tend to be super careful about these types of sites.  

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Fastmocap was a real thing, just a long time ago, and for Macintosh only. It's long gone.
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

well that would explain that then since i am allergic to macs and apple in general.    Smile

Dr. Seuss

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yeah, and that explains the Kinect 360 comments on the web page -- I knew it smelled like very old software (as an old man, I know that old smell WAY too well).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
With reference to mocap and  facial expression capture Brekel's stuff does look good and I'll probably end up buying; but then you have to add/layer in the eyeball motion which Brekel's Kinect v2-based capture does not do.

I have some hopes for progress in Facerig which allows the export of animation but not yet in immediately usable form.
Check it out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XzpSKxWso4
and
https://facerig.com/news/facerig-studio-going-live-annual-review/ (for FBX export sample data)

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, twin HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, LogitechWebcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Ipisoft used to be a superb choice before their pricing structure changed. Now it's a service, or software for rent, depending on how you see it. Not sure if it's great value now.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

@Seanmac

It's exactly what I want to do with Iclone and the incoming facial mocap. I was a indigo facerig backer and it's ironic that
they decide to give what I wanted only now.... Too late for them , I will buy the Iclone facial mocap system.
Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I agree 100%.  All I really want is the Facial Mocap that RL is showing on their videos and that's supposed to be available in 7.1 (whenever the heck THAT is coming out.  If they are taking so long for 7 I can only imagine how long it will take for the point release.  Maybe, just maybe they will allow us early beta access as well if we are willing to buy the mocap stuff).

I know folks will disagree, but story telling is mostly about character, and we humans are programmed to respond to faces.  It's VERY difficult to tell a story with just body language, and really hard to get a convincing look to a face without mocap (or spending an eternity animating).  If I could get this before I die (and for me it's a very real concern) I would be very, very happy.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic