Posted By Waterlane Studios 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
Waterlane Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi - I'd really like to add Bushy Eyebrows to a character (as separate/exaggerated brow meshes).
It would also be VERY good if these follow face movements (and could also be animated separate as well).

All suggestions on how to do this are appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Dave :-)

(PS - 'also interested in ways to do this for hair/beards/moustaches/nasal/ear hair - you get the idea ;-) )
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
That can be partially done. YMMV.

If you create brows as clothing, they will not animate with the face, but will adjust with character scaling/shaping. So not really effective. A better way is to use a displacement map and increased tessalation of the mesh. This will animate as part of the face, but cannot be animated separately, until iClone 7 is finalized anyway.

Dilerna made a bunch of beards that are clothing. http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=20110131002150440346&mdid=35533
Waterlane Studios
Waterlane Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

'very interesting - Although I don't think this would give the look I'm after and if tessellated feel I'd be using to many polygons.
I'll look into it more - 'appreciate your reply Rampa. :-)
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You might consider the the avatar controller which allows you to control separate facial features individually. You would either use some brows from the toon package (search eyebrows in the marketplace - there are a couple of good bushy ones) or create your own (I think).  They wouldn't move with other face expressions but you would have complete control over them.

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=IC551E055ENU0601C001

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Waterlane Studios
Waterlane Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks thebiz.movies - I'm only just finding all the toon content available :-D

Reading This Topic