AFP Characters fail to load RLHead from 100 pack

Posted By theschemer 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jollyro
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I installed CC2 on my old system and had to realize, that it wont really work with my 680 TI Card. I can play around with it, start doing some changes, but it mostly just quits working after a few minutes.Mostly it just freezes. I was trying to load in some Heads, but it crashed, when I tried to do so. I assumed, it is my old system. (I7 second generation, 24 gig ram,NVIDIA 680GT 1GB, Win 10 64 bit)   
I guess I wait until I have a better system and the bugs are all removed from the program. Luckily for me it is just fun on the side, I do not need to make money with it.  
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
jollyro (4/2/2017)
I installed CC2 on my old system and had to realize, that it wont really work with my 680 TI Card. I can play around with it, start doing some changes, but it mostly just quits working after a few minutes.Mostly it just freezes. I was trying to load in some Heads, but it crashed, when I tried to do so. I assumed, it is my old system. (I7 second generation, 24 gig ram,NVIDIA 680GT 1GB, Win 10 64 bit)   
I guess I wait until I have a better system and the bugs are all removed from the program. Luckily for me it is just fun on the side, I do not need to make money with it.  

Just buy a new video card like a Nvidia GTX 1060, 1070 or 1080 and you may be fine.
TS

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
theschemer (3/29/2017)
Thanks for the test. First question, how did you link the 100 heads to the CC2.0? I am still using the Import method. Ans second, I tried it again and it worked, but then I tried the original head I was wanting to use earlier and it fails. Could you try the head named: M_M_002.RLHead

Let me know if that one works for you.
Thanks,
TS
Edit: I tried it again and now it worked. Must have some Gremlins in my pc. I will keep an eye on it and see if it is a minor deal or not.

Sorry it took me so long to reply theschemer, been a little busy with the magazine. Ermm

I was able to load the M_M_002.RLHead to all three standard characters, CC2.0_Standard, CC_Standard_AFP, and CC_Standard_AFPx.

My method has always been to drag and drop the RLHeads onto the avatar, I've never used the import option as it seemed to take longer.  I also haven't changed any settings and just click the "OK" button on the "RLHead Import Options Tab".  I am using Windows 10. 
[EDIT: I should mention that for the CC2.0 standard avatar I do click the reset button prior to loading the RLHead.  I also have saved the AFP avatars in 2.0]

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a2a0920-6c5d-4209-a1aa-f795.png

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Snarp,
  I guess it may be because of Win7 or maybe my Nvidia driver as others have had to roll back their drivers for various reasons, and I also have seen flickering problems here and there even with the gizmo. I can get that particular head to load eventually but it definitely fails more often than not. Seems to work better if I just use the defaults as opposed to "Head Only" when loading it. I will try dragging and dropping and see if that helps. If it is a driver issue maybe the next update will magically fix it or I will manually fix it once I know which driver is the best one to use. I like the guys shirt (or bra) in the last pic. Tongue Good luck with the magazine.
TS

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It seems to work much better dragging and dropping rather than importing them. That's odd but it works so that's a good thing.
Thanks,
TS
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
I believe dragging and dropping has been the recommended method, at least for the earlier CC versions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic