Video Prop audio plays despite visibility off in CTA3

Posted By rfbindl 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rfbindl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Is there another way to stop the audio in a video prop from playing even when the visibility is set to off? Mine worked at 1st, but after closing/reloading the project the audio started playing from the start - not at the 1 minute point where it did originally.

I created a video prop from a WMV, placed it on the stage, and made it invisible until about 1 minute in. That worked fine at 1st (the audio played at 1 min point), but then I closed the project and after re-opening the audio started playing right away; Now I can't stop it, even if after deleting and adding the video prop again.

I use WMV because MP4 and MOV don't work with my CTA3 vr. 3.03.1230. It crashes when I try to import the other formats.
rfbindl
rfbindl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Partial correction to my original message. It's gotten more complicated. I rebooted computer, re-created the video prop, and changing visibility worked great for when the audio is suppose to start in video prop - that is, as I previewed in CTA3 timeline. But, then I rendered it and UGH, the audio from video is playing from frame 1 in the rendered video. I go back to editing in timeline and all is working okay... now it's just the rendered video.

So, I'm wondering... would this have anything to do with render crashes - where the fix is splitting audio in the timelines?

Edited
7 Years Ago by rfbindl
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue myself, but if it is something you consistently run into, please report it in the Feedback Tracker and the development team will investigate. They will then let you know what they find. We will also have a new 3.1 update around the end of March so do try that when available as it may resolve the issue for you. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rfbindl
rfbindl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter... I checked the Feedback Tracker but didn't see a quick way to share the project I'm having problems with, so I submitted a trouble ticket - and attached the files. It's gotten weirder as you can see in my edited response to myself - now the project in CTA3 looks fine when previewing, but the rendered video has audio playing before the video prop is set to visible.

I also included a coment on how how I'm really getting to like CTA3. I'm making music video's and narratives with longer audio tracks so maybe I'm pushing the limits of what CTA3 was intended to do? But I'm having fun with it and keep seeing a lot of potential.
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
rfbindl (3/17/2017)
Is there another way to stop the audio in a video prop from playing even when the visibility is set to off? Mine worked at 1st, but after closing/reloading the project the audio started playing from the start - not at the 1 minute point where it did originally.

I created a video prop from a WMV, placed it on the stage, and made it invisible until about 1 minute in. That worked fine at 1st (the audio played at 1 min point), but then I closed the project and after re-opening the audio started playing right away; Now I can't stop it, even if after deleting and adding the video prop again.

I use WMV because MP4 and MOV don't work with my CTA3 vr. 3.03.1230. It crashes when I try to import the other formats.

Is this issue have the same with you?
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost314873.aspx
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Please vote for this issue in the Feedback Tracker [HERE], the more votes the sooner it'll get taken care of.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic