Profile Picture

Sketchup to iClone not working???

Posted By james.crosswell 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
james.crosswell
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
So I've imported a model from the google warehouse into 3d Exchange (although the file can't be in the latest Sketchup file format I realised).

After that, I've exported the file as a VNS.

From there I try to open the VNS in iClone and I get the following error:

"Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Project page and try again"

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jimmy

PS: I wasn't able to login to the forum here either... Internal Server Error. I'm starting to get the feeling that things are a little bit rough around the edges here at reallusion... but will persist.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Jimmy,

Did you make sure that you exported the model from 3DXchange to the correct folder location in iClone? You can export as either a Prop, Accessory or 3D Scene. For example if the object was a prop then you should select Prop as the export format and then open it as such in iClone. Trying to open a prop say as a project etc will give an error.

Apologies for the login problems today. there have been some server issues today that were causing this. It should be resolved very soon now.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

james.crosswell
james.crosswell
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

That turned out to be the problem yeah. It wasn't so obvious to me where the correct location should be. The default paths in 3dExchange are broken when using this with iClone 4 on Windows 7 and, having never used this tool before, I had no idea what to set them to. I eventually stumbled on the answer though (under the [My Documents]\Reallusion\ folder basically).

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,
Jimmy

Reading This Topic