Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

5 - Export iClone 6.5 & CC 1.5-compatible iAvatar from CC 2.0

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Export iClone 6.5 & CC 1.5-compatible iAvatar from CC 2.0

CC 2.0 is mainly designed to work with PBR-based iClone 7. Although iClone 6.5 & CC 1.5 does not support PBR, CC 2.0 provides an option to export iClone 6.5 & CC 1.5 compatible iAvatar and apply it to your the iClone 6 pipeline. In order to make CC 2.0 avatars compatible with iClone 6 & CC 1.5, one must make a few adjustments. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

iAvatar Export Options

Use the Version pulldown menu to select the iAvatar format.
CC 1.5 & iClone 6.5 do not support PBR shading, therefore the visual outcome may differ.

Check Online Manual HERE.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Chuck (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Fixing iAvatar Issues When Exporting iAvatar from CC2.0 to iClone 6.5 or CC1.5

CC 2.0 export for iClone 6.5 & CC 1.5 do not keep Hide Mesh, Weight Map, and Custom Facial Expression data.
You will have to manually re-apply these effects in CC 1.5 and 3DXchange 6.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e11fcb47-336c-49a8-88b0-ebcc.png

1. Hide Mesh
    Solution: Hide unnecessary meshes by using Mesh Modifier in CC 1.5.
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ec8588fb-63a5-42ac-b35b-7786.png

2. Weight Map
    Solution: Save the weight map of the content from CC 2.0, and import the map to this content from CC 1.5.
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2ac1126-302c-40be-a36d-672d.png

3. Custom Facial Expression
    Particularly, if you have modified blinking shapes for characters with exceptionally big eyes, you may have to apply the fixes again with 3DXchange.
    Solution: Go to 3DXchange 6 to readjust the facial expressions, export the iAvatar from 3DXchange 6, and apply it to iClone 6.5 or CC 1.5.
    * For more information please refer to the Step 6~Step 9 of this page.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
jrlaw
jrlaw
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have tried to load Ayaka into Iclone 6.5 from CC2 with total failure. I have followed the instructions from the manual they don't seem to work.Global quality & Texture settings never come up on the screen.  

Johnny Laidlaw 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Johnny, can you provide more information about the issue you encountered?

jrlaw (4/7/2017)
I have tried to load Ayaka into Iclone 6.5 from CC2 with total failure. I have followed the instructions from the manual they don't seem to work.Global quality & Texture settings never come up on the screen.  

Johnny Laidlaw 

lobos
lobos
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
how you been? i just bought the un task force combo, but i cant install the humvee and weapons, it says it cannot find the program associated with the file. does this mean its not compatible with iclone 6?, if not, how can i get my money back?

Reading This Topic