Local Move for bones

Posted By 4u2ges 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Maybe a rhetorical question. Why is it general transformation / rotation have both - Local and World options, but when it comes to bones, Move is only Global and Rotate is only Local?
If avatar is rotated to 45 degrees by Z (otherwise angle not divisible by 90) for instance, it is really hard to move bones straight (in respect to avatar - local).
Have to do ten thousand tweaks before get the bone to the right position, Or use a gismo's yellow plain, which is also not precise and hard to use.

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I understand your pain, it's always a challenge to rotate a character's body parts correct when they or their body parts are already in a rotated state.

I need to fire up my early access iClone 7 and see if it's different there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

WillFl
WillFl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
dante1st (3/16/2017)
I understand your pain, it's always a challenge to rotate a character's body parts correct when they or their body parts are already in a rotated state.

You have Early Access iClone 7?  is that available to those who pre-ordered?
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Yeah I believe anyone who preorders can get it? You'd have to go to the offer page and see the details there.

But yeah I'll test it on that tonight to see if the whole local/global thing works the same or not for bone positions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WillFl
WillFl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

dante1st (3/16/2017)
Yeah I believe anyone who preorders can get it? You'd have to go to the offer page and see the details there.

But yeah I'll test it on that tonight to see if the whole local/global thing works the same or not for bone positions.

I pre-ordered but I don't see it under my account.. how did you download yours?
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

WillFl (3/16/2017)
dante1st (3/16/2017)

It was under the "Registration" tab, to the right of "Orders."

WillFl
WillFl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

dante1st (3/16/2017)
WillFl (3/16/2017)
dante1st (3/16/2017)

It was under the "Registration" tab, to the right of "Orders."

hmmm, I am logged in and looking at the registration page ~ I see the iClone 7 and the the iClone 3Dxchange 7 pipeline ~ but no download links next to them. 
pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I may be wrong but i think it`s only the first 1000 who pre-ordered who gets the early access version.

tss
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
dante1st (3/16/2017)

Please do! I have not signed for 7 yet...

dante1st
dante1st
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As of this stage, same issue.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1b3e0d3a-820b-4dad-a919-7488.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e4080ff3-eecb-487f-83a1-009b.png

Edited
7 Years Ago by dante1st

Reading This Topic