Profile Picture

How to import character with multiple angles?

Posted By hanac895 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hanac895
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Do I need the template for crazy talk animator 3? Can I import character without flash and just draw all the angles myself? And is there a tut. 

Lernakow
This post has been flagged as an answer
Lernakow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Multi angle characters are G2 characters. You can create them in CTA3 from a template or just by drawing all angles of all body parts separately and importing them one by one (and reusing some of them).
There are templates for Flash and for Serif's Draw Plus (if you're on Windows).
I'm pretty sure you'll find a tutorial on Reallusion's YouTube channel.
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Lernakow (2/22/2017)
Multi angle characters are G2 characters. You can create them in CTA3 from a template or just by drawing all angles of all body parts separately and importing them one by one (and reusing some of them).
There are templates for Flash and for Serif's Draw Plus (if you're on Windows).
I'm pretty sure you'll find a tutorial on Reallusion's YouTube channel.

You will not get it to work well right out of the box. It's quite complex. Ibis Fernandez has a tool to speed up the hierarchy and naming conventions. Well worth the $40. He has videos that are good as well. 

There are a few nasty bugs to sort out. It will take at least a week full time to figure this out to anyone new.

You can pretty much ignore most of the documentation of CTA3 as well, because anything not obvious is not in there when it comes to character creation.  Currently importing G2 and G2.5 doesn't work without workarounds and compromises.

In all honesty, it is easier to just animate in Flash for most things. Yes, the workflow for CTA3 is very good once you have your characters, but the time spent creating a G2 character is a very big cost.
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
G2 made of PNG files. Replaced every sprite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWX-44k5Fw4

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

Reading This Topic