Posted By Atonnis 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Help Request - Non-iClone Character and Separate Hair Collision

Author
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Me sad Sad
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Well, iClone 7 is out and I've been using it already for a while, but I still don't have a £*"($&"£ solution as to how to get hair, in particular, to work in any other software. In particular UE4. All I want is hair that reacts to movement within limitations, and I've played with those WITHIN Reallusion products until the cows come home, then go out again for a hearty breakfast.

Can anyone please direct me to a way I can get, for example, a ponytail to react when a character turns its head?  I can't alembic it as that only essentially records and plays back animation, not taking into account physics in the movement.  Is it possible with any of these products or should I just have gone elsewhere and stop bothering to work so hard to learn it all?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Paint your physics weight map in ue4. The new version has new cloth tools. There is no way to send the weight map from one program to the other. Neither program is set up to handle such a transfer.

They are also using different PhysX cloth.

EDIT
I found this tutorial for the new NVcloth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8v-yzeuBo
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Edit: I should note that this is with an entirely iClone created character now.

Thankyou. I had been following a similar video tutorial but I always end up with the same issue.

Upon trying to create the physical material I always get the same error:

Failed to generate clothing sim mesh due to degenerate triangle, found coincident vertices in triangle A=X=0.742 Y=22.883 Z-148.878 B=X=0.962 Y=-23.335 Z=150.640 C=X=0.962 Y=233.335 Z-150.640

Now, I accept that I'm trying to do it to the hair mesh, but should it really make that much of a difference?

Otherwise, can you suggest any way I can get the hair to flow/move as described?

Thank you very much for any assistance. I tried in the Unreal forums but so far 72 views and no-one yet to respond.... Sad

Edited
7 Years Ago by Atonnis
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Atonnis (6/28/2017)
Edit: I should note that this is with an entirely iClone created character now.

Thankyou. I had been following a similar video tutorial but I always end up with the same issue.

Upon trying to create the physical material I always get the same error:

Failed to generate clothing sim mesh due to degenerate triangle, found coincident vertices in triangle A=X=0.742 Y=22.883 Z-148.878 B=X=0.962 Y=-23.335 Z=150.640 C=X=0.962 Y=233.335 Z-150.640

Now, I accept that I'm trying to do it to the hair mesh, but should it really make that much of a difference?

Otherwise, can you suggest any way I can get the hair to flow/move as described?

Thank you very much for any assistance. I tried in the Unreal forums but so far 72 views and no-one yet to respond.... Sad

I have an idea. Maybe it'll even be a good one. Wink

It says there are degenerate triangles. That means that there are tri-polys that have 2 or all their vertices in the same location. It cannot have a normal if this is the case, and so fails.

A lot of modeling programs (like Blender) have tools to remove overlapping, or very close, vertices.

Reading This Topic