Profile Picture

How to make an animated Chibi fr face/body capture in Iclone?

Posted By JasonSkywalker 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to make an animated Chibi fr face/body capture in Iclone?

Author
JasonSkywalker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'll cut right to the chase here, even though I know it would be better for me if I learned how to use Iclone and be able to figure this out on my own. However, I'm on a tight time crunch in an attempt at making videos, I run a YouTube Channel right here. I'm trying to make a 3D model out of this image,

Normal Talking.png

But I can't model characters that well, and I've been digging through the internet to find a program that can model the character and make it rigged with a toon shader. I was originally gonna use Blender, but I can't model for my life, so once I got to the face part, I gave up. I figured Iclone can pull it off. but I was lingering between rendering poses as images for commentary, or rendering live lip and face sync, which I think would be far cooler.

I already have a stage that I want modeled, (it's a laboratory) and I don't mind importing it into Iclone even it it is just as an OBJ, but I would like it to program it with separate objects since the laboratory has many different models.

So with that boring explanation out of the way, who here can give me a step by step process on how I can pull this off successfully, and if I can't, what program do you know where I can? Please inform me, and thank you!
Attachments
Normal Talking.png (566 views, 34.00 KB)
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
JasonSkywalker,

Since you're on a tight schedule, commission one of the iClone modelers to recreate the character. As far as the lab is concern, there are several models available in the Marketplace for purchase.  I'm not sure about the store.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
7 Years Ago by sjonesdc
JasonSkywalker
JasonSkywalker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Where do I go to do that? Is there a specific forum page dedicated to those requests?
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
JasonSkywalker (2/11/2017)
Where do I go to do that? Is there a specific forum page dedicated to those requests?

You can post a request in one of the threads - the General Thread or Developer Thead.  However, when you post, make sure the topic title draws attention.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
As your character is a traditional 2D cartoon type character, it would seem you would better off using CrazyTalk Animator 3 or even CrazyTalk 8 (if you only want to animate the head). The learning curve to creating the character will be a lot shorter. Unfortunately with iClone there is no easy way to achieve what you want without putting in the hours learning the software.

Please take a look at the CrazyTalk Animator 3 product page or the CrazyTalk 8 product page to see if these products will suit you better.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic