Character interactions. How to do ?

Posted By shil 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shil
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Are there some tutorials and tips around, covering characters interactions ? All the tuto's available have always only one character. What about interactions between two, three, or more characters. Interactions like hugging, pushing, fighting, playing, sport activities... etc. All kind of physical interrelationships.
 5 years ago, in a interesting thread, the answer was, clearly said, "nope" (with the notable exception of mocap). And in between ? Can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks for reading

Christy0
Christy0
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi xialin,
There is an oldish pack (Terms Of Endearment) available in RL store, might be some tutorials associated with that.

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC410DIENU030120100203002

Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

shil
shil
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)Veteran Member (552 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you so much for yours answers.

@sw00000

i start to looking for that now. Waiting for the new I7 WIP video about the Motion Graph Curve Editor in iclone. But it seems to me that character interactions are more about positioning and physics constraint (between characters). How to achieve this in Iclone ?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The simple answer is... you fake it.

If two characters shake hands, or punch each other, you animate each character so it APPEARS as if they are interacting.

Maybe some high-end software does it differently, but that's how you do it in iClone (whether you use motions, keyframing, or motion capture).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Does anyone know if the various interaction (lovers, friends, arguments, etc.) packs work with the current iClone? It was a nice system, but I have no idea if it still works.

EDIT
I downloaded the free hug interactive motions with the floor dummy, and it does work! Smile
It seems to be a scripted thing that does not add performs or operate commands. Maybe it used to? When I hit play, it did the expected animations. Although, I have not found a way to trigger them automatically in the middle of a scene. It seems to only work when the characters are dragged from the content manager onto the markers. I guess I'll look into this a bit more, as there a whole bunch of these packs available.
Edited
7 Years Ago by rampa
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Gosh,  I wonder how many years it will be before we have real physics materials that fully emulate real world interactions,  like a character's derriere deformity as it sits on a leather chair,  that also deforms,  both acting with the physics of their real world counterparts. 10 years maybe? It is so hard to say with software. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
eternityblue (2/8/2017)
Gosh,  I wonder how many years it will be before we have real physics materials that fully emulate real world interactions,  like a character's derriere deformity as it sits on a leather chair,  that also deforms,  both acting with the physics of their real world counterparts. 10 years maybe? It is so hard to say with software. 

Well, there is a point of diminished return. It's like some movies that want to show you what great VFX they have thereby forgetting the story. Sometimes simplicity is better.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Uh,  I'm talking about something akin to pbr but for mesh materials,  it won't be diminishing returns after some amount of tech development happens. It will be a whole hell of a lot easier than creating a reach target and whatnot to get someone to hug someone else without clipping etc.  At some point, I don't know when though.  At this stage trying to do that might be diminishing returns,  animating a big butt on a small stool,  but since we're getting morph animation it would be easy now to make a morph in Blender and have the butt deform when sitting down,  similar to the breathing demo they had in that video.  Depending on the scene,  it could be the star of the show.  So even now,  diminishing returns is pretty relative. I just think at some stage,  it will just be the norm,  emulating whole worlds very realistically in side computers. Maybe it would take a farm,  but at that stage,  servers as services would be very mature. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Edited
7 Years Ago by eternityblue
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Here's an old pre-viz I did for a cheesy soap-opera a few years back. Thankfully it never got funded. Tongue  I updated it a bit but used all the tools currently available in iClone.. Motion Puppet animation, Motion Layer Keyframes, Avatar's Perform command, Transform Keyframes and Reach Targets.(no motion capture) It's pretty crude in spots but it is a "somewhat" realistic interaction between avatars. Hopefully all this will be much improved with iClone 7's new tools!!! ?? !!  Oh and sorry for the TOS voice tracks but it was just a test ya know!Tongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
7 Years Ago by mark
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
mark (2/9/2017)
Here's an old pre-viz I did for a cheesy soap-opera a few years back.

I like cheese Smile

I mean with classics like killer tomatoes and stuff cheese is where its at!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Reading This Topic