No Sound in Crazy Talk 8 pro

Posted By curt.larsson 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
curt.larsson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I have had this issue several times, that when I am importing a sound file into Crazy Talk 8 pro, it does not play any sound at all.
But if I play this sound file in any other program, then it plays the sound normally. The computer plays test sound also. The only problem is when this sound file is imported into CrazyTalk 8 pro no sound plays.
I have re-started to computer, but nothing is happening, the same problem.
I noticed that one of the tutorial guys had this problem when i was doing the tutorial, he said the sound disappeared and he didn't know why, then later on in the same tutorial the sound came back again, and he did not know what was happening.
When I tried to load default project, then the sound works, and even my old project. It seems to reset the audio function. However, later it falls back to no sound again. And if I reload default project, and some of my old projects, the sound works.
I imported the audio file to the default project, and the sound worked.

This problem happened to Kai at 37,51 minutes in on his demonstation video "CrazyTalk 8_Easy to create a Talking Avatars_September 7 , 2016"
So Kai had the same problem as I have.

Edited
7 Years Ago by curt.larsson
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
I have had this problem when I used a 24-bit .wav file. But I haven't had any issues with 16-bit .wav files, which I normally use.

Now if it is intermittent (so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't) then something else is going on. Has this reported in the Feedback Tracker?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

curt.larsson
curt.larsson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)

No, I have only placed a call to Tech Support and waiting.

But I thought it is interesting that Kai also got this problem when he gave demo, as you can read in my notes above.
I will check about 16-bit
curt.larsson
curt.larsson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

How do I report to Feedback Tracker?
curt.larsson
curt.larsson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

If I am trying to record with my voice in CrazyTalk, it does not work either.
But old projects work. But as soon I am importing this 16bit wav och MP3 audio it seems to corrupt all things.
Default projects works, and my old projects. If I am importing this audio file to an old working project, then audio stops working.

An interesting observation is that if I import this sound file in to a default project "Scientist_lib" then this audio is playing normal.
But if I play my own animation WITH the same audio file, then there is NO SOUND!
Edited
7 Years Ago by curt.larsson
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I saw your entry in the Feedback Tracker. Did you see RL's response asking you for projects?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

curt.larsson
curt.larsson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

No, how do I navigate to Feedback Tracker???
Karstan
Karstan
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

I've also had problems where the sound was there for awhile then all of a sudden it disappeared, as if the sound was turned off and the character will just move it's lips. I tried to undo, that didn't work. I saved the project and then put it back into Crazytalk, the sound was back. But as soon as I tried to do something the sound would disappear again.? and yes all the volume icons indicate the sound is on full volume. I'm also looking for answers thanks

GlenCoveCentral
GlenCoveCentral
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
So, was this ever resolved?  Previewing a voice script within Voice Morph is the only way to get any kind of sound. I mean, I don't even have sound coming from the default projects...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
GlenCoveCentral (7/6/2019)
So, was this ever resolved?  Previewing a voice script within Voice Morph is the only way to get any kind of sound. I mean, I don't even have sound coming from the default projects...

The issue reported in this thread was related to the audio files being used. If you have no sound from the default project then that is a different issue.

Under Windows 10 CrazyTalk will simply use the default audio device. You can check which audio device is set up as the default by going to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Manage Audio Devices.
Try changing the default playback device if you have more than one listed. This should allow CrazyTalk to use the correct audio drivers and should eliminate the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic