Profile Picture

I can't add clips from the time to the content manager

Posted By shanakoenig 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shanakoenig
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)Senior Member (484 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi I'm new to iClone and doing motions capture for my first time so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I can't add any clips from the timeline to the content manager.  I have been watching YouTube tutorial and this is how they say to do it.  It starts to add it and then it hangs at 30%. I have trimmed the clip down to 100 frame so I know it has nothing to due with the length since I'm using a trial version.

Is this a technical issue or am I doing something wrong. I have my character selected, the clip I want selected, in the directory, I want and I hit the plus button.

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I figured it out, it's just really slow and the porgress bar doen'st actually move.  Sorry for the post.
Edited
7 Years Ago by shanakoenig
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 36 minutes ago
All questions are good, as you will see!

OK, I was just going to respond and although it did stay at 30% for a bit, it was still fairly quick.

I also tried saving via Collect Clip, which brings up a dialog where you can select where save the motion. That seems to go markedly quicker so you could try that.

In the Collect Clip track, select the time stretch of the clip you want to save. Right-click and then select Add Motion to Library.. A dialog will then let you select where to save.

Investigating further, I found what happened: when adding the clip with the "+" sign, the whole timeline is saved, irrespective of the length of the clip. So in your case, shortening the clip didn't make a difference. When using Collect Clip it will only save the time stretch that is selected.

Another option is to set the project length to the length of the clip you want to save. So if it's 300 frames that is what you would set the project length to. Note that shortening the active time stretch on the timeline with the green markers has no effect: you need to set the project length. I think using Collect Clip is a bit easier...

So because of your question. I learned something today.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic