IClone Goes Pro!

Posted By VirtualMedia 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I was a little skeptical of the last upgrade price, but RL has clearly taken what we requested and incorporated it into V7.

PBR 'In the CC2 beta' along with the facial animation updates, morphsliders, mocap and cameras in the next version just turned IClone 7 into a Pro Level Tool, not to mention the curve editor in the works....

Great Job RL!

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm really excited for the release BigGrin, but I think they need to address hair and fur before it is really pro-level. The current hair is mesh pretending it is hair, a proper simulation would be great. But other than that, it really is coming along wonderfully, and I imagine hair will be updated soon enough, with video games sporting that wonderful Nvidia HairWorks system, iClone should be able to handle it too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
they would have to re-vamp / upgrade the particle system to get next level hair.   Best hair / fur I've seen is from particle effects.   2nd best hair I've seen is from the Daz Meshes,  they have the hair design techniques down to a science when it comes to mesh modeling.  -  the trick remains to be able to keep it real time.  since iclone put so much emphasis in the gpu,  the particle effects can be delegated more to the cpu. like modo,  it does most of it's work in cpu. but it's not real time. pretty fast though for just cpu.

Edited
7 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

I would love to see more power user features in IC7BigGrin

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Yeah, but look at the Nvidia system, it is real-time. And they are leveraging other Nvidia tech, it seems natural to use this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

sbaerman
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
+1 on the hair improvement. Let's see what we are finally gonna get, but this maybe is an option for Iclone 7.x ?

Machines :
MSI Gaming Laptop, I7, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 1 TB HD
Acer Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H, 16GB, 1TB SSD, RTX 2070

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

eternityblue (1/26/2017)
I'm really excited for the release BigGrin, but I think they need to address hair and fur before it is really pro-level. The current hair is mesh pretending it is hair, a proper simulation would be great. But other than that, it really is coming along wonderfully, and I imagine hair will be updated soon enough, with video games sporting that wonderful Nvidia HairWorks system, iClone should be able to handle it too.

Whoa, missed that one... quite a hair demo, that would certainly be a nice addition. I'm just overwhelmed with the PBR and a facial animation system capable of believable animation. Can't wait to put them together...

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by VirtualMedia

Reading This Topic