iClone 7 Work in Progress Video 2 - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 5 votes.
Author
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
justaviking (2/4/2017)

../..Lighting is something I know I need to improve on.  I'm aware of it, but usually fail to give it adequate attention on my projects.  It makes a huge difference, though../..

You are exactly right, light is the "key", a lot of peoples don't know how to properly light a scene and complain about rendering features.  Having subsurface scattering would be nice, but lighting properly a face is even more important. subsurface would be the "cherry on the cake" but you can still have convincing faces with proper lighting (and of course proper shading/texturing and texels density). And when I say "how to properly light a scene" I'm not even adventuring in the artistic area here, I'm just talking about technical lighting, having proper light attenuation, shadows, intensity, areas, etc.. There is nothing wrong in not knowing that, but then peoples should refrain yelling at Reallusion for every feature found elsewhere not yet in iClone.

justaviking (2/4/2017)

../..It sure would be fun to have a little 4 or 5 person iClone team (or club) that could collaborate on an iClone project.  I know we could do it virtually, but it would be more fun to hang out at each other's place on the weekends.  One could focus on lighting, one on texturing, one on modeling.... sort of like a miniature animation studio../..

I'm working on something like that, I've announced it in the 2 years old thread about an alternate professional production pipeline with iClone & Co. Watch for a thread I'll soon post about "SUPERMACHINATION" ; )
If you are interested to participate then do not hesitate to tell me. More details coming soon.

justaviking (2/4/2017)

../..I remain very excited about iClone 7.  The gap between want I could achieve and what I actually do achieve will grow by leaps and bounds.  My biggest limitation continues to be me. 

Often this can be simpler than one can imagine, it is often a question of basing the work on the right "ground" or "roots" or "basis" or "foundations". Once you are there then the apparent choices reduce in number - because all the wrong once then get excluded implicitly - and then it begins to looks like much simpler. And we are here to help each others.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Curiosly they updated the WIP video 2. Look at the facial animation features. Love what I see....
at 5min20

Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello Peter/RL,

driven by the fact that I am kind of blocked on the process of converting hundreds of props form Blender to iClone (in particular, a wall divided into hundreds of pieces after applying a Cell Fracture Add-on, which requires a long manual conversion process through 3DX6), I wonder whether the upcoming IC7 API are also planned for 3DX7.
Pls, evaluate also this option, because they would enable the possibility to automatize the conversion of multiple objects into props.
Surely the API for 3DX7 would be a limited set compared to what we might think for IC7, so it should not be a huge effort to enable them also for 3DX7.

Looking forward for a positive answer Wink 
Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
7 Years Ago by RobertoColombo

Reading This Topic