iClone 7 Work in Progress Video 2 - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 5 votes.
Author
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Planet, I apologize. It was not my intention to start anything. I'm in full support of meaningful, product-related discussions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
-hugs-  its okie Animagic / Job -  this forum has been a hotspot for a long time,  I admit i've had my fair share of flame wars,  but it has always been in defense of new members and the company.   Unfortunately my new policy is to no longer defend reallusion,  there is just too much negativity that comes with it that only backfires on you.   People who pay for a product have a right to ask for what they paid for.   I respect that 

I'm actually very friendly,  just not one to take abusive behavior lightly.  

Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
planetstardragon (1/29/2017)
-hugs-  its okie Animagic / Job -  this forum has been a hotspot for a long time,  I admit i've had my fair share of flame wars,  but it has always been in defense of new members and the company.   Unfortunately my new policy is to no longer defend reallusion,  there is just too much negativity that comes with it that only backfires on you.   People who pay for a product have a right to ask for what they paid for.   I respect that 

I'm actually very friendly,  just not one to take abusive behavior lightly.  

And now there's cake for everyone!  Pie is also on hand if you chose pie instead of cake.

You'll have to close your eyes though....as everyone knows - The cake is a pie.   (I'm sure I got that quote right....ah well!)
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

It would probably be beneficial to hire someone professional to animate the promo content. The features are great, but in the name of Nigel, it looks awful. iClone 7 has PBR, which is a huge selling point, but the rendering shown is as bad of a sales pitch as possible.

I think it's also not nice to advertise Faceware as if it is included. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost as much as the entire Reallusion suite to use. :-) This functionality is really far less important than the extra morph features. That was the biggest positive one for me. 3dtest is doing great work.

Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

I think it's also not nice to advertise Faceware as if it is included

I think you didn't understand the advertising. Yes FaceWare algorythm is integrate in the Iclone 7.1

This functionality is really far less important than the extra morph features

I's your opinion. Clearly not mine. I waited for it since 4 years.All my pipeline depending of Facial mocap, not extra morphs.
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Users have different ideas of what is important, so RL has to select from a broad range of desired features, many of which have been introduced due to user feedback.

Everyone is free to make positive suggestions to move to product further. Not everything will be implemented the next day, as RL has priorities to consider. I'm still waiting for a mirror Crying, but I'll work around that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

I'm happy for you mtakerkart, because RL is adding BADAZZ functionality to iClone

Thank you Swoooop and yes, I've no doubt about that !! Wink

but I'll work around that.

Tis ist what I did since the IC 6 version. Produce and change storyline with what IC can do. Smile
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

animagic (1/30/2017)

Users have different ideas of what is important, so RL has to select from a broad range of desired features, many of which have been introduced due to user feedback.

Everyone is free to make positive suggestions to move to product further. Not everything will be implemented the next day, as RL has priorities to consider. I'm still waiting for a mirror Crying, but I'll work around that.

Apparently the most reliable mirror method is to have a camera sat about where the mirror is and then feed the data onto a flat surface outside of the central scene, then put a camera pointing at that and feeding it onto a flat surface for the glass, then use a glass material over the top to get the shiny effect.  Two cameras, a separate surface somewhere, and a lighting capture to ensure your actors are in the right lighting.

However, apparently it's extremely resource-intensive AND many developers see it as a break in the immersive experience to see the character sliding around because they were too lazy to put in animations for proper stepping left/right/etc.

Of course, I'm talking more down the Unreal methods, but I can't see the resource use, etc becoming any less of an issue.

But then, look who I'm talking to, probably preaching to the choir Smile
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

The OP is at that learning stage and doesn't fully comprehend facal mocap, yet.

The downtalk when you can't stream together two sentences without a non-sequitur is annoying. 

Facial mocap is a good thing, but it's more or less useless if you are an artist trying to get the highest quality. It's a good tool if you need to do volume, or the many other things iClone seems suited for. The whole purpose of mocap is to capture complex accelerations accurately that are a nightmare to keyframe. Facial animation isn't as complex, and the markerless technology is not perfect yet. Faceshift for example got bought by Apple because the quality was not great enough for the pro market, and development cost was not wroth servicing hobbyists.

As for PBR, no, the demo did not show something created by someone who understands rendering, PBR, or how even to light a scene. This is what you get when programmers do art. Yea, I get the features, but it's a bit of a facepalm. I do commend it for coming out on time. I suppose my criticism should be appreciative of that. It's a demo. 

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
sw00000p (1/30/2017)
Anyone with an ounce of (Advanced Pro Tool) knowledge "Respects" how Reallusion is promoting  PBR.
iClone will NOT render PBR (Real-Time) and it's promoted as supporting it.

Hi sw00000p,

I have an honest, non-antagonist question for you.  What is your definition of "real-time?"

iClone has always been marketed as a "real-time" animation application, or words to that effect.  Is it, per your definition?

With my new GTX 1080 graphics card, I can preview my project at or near 60 fps.  That is very real-time.  When I render it, it takes 10x time.  A 1-minute video takes 10 minutes to render to a 1920x1080 MP4 video file, depending on the quality settings for shadows and what not.  It takes 20 minutes to render the 1-minute video if I turn on 2x2 anti-aliasing.  Clearly that is not a real-time render.

As a contrast, something like Indigo, or Blender cycles, or Iray, can easily take minutes-per frame, so it could take easily take 1 to 3 hours to render a single second of animation.  Very obviously not real-time rendering, even on a robust home computer.

So when you say "iClone will NOT render PBR (Real-Time" I want to know how to interpret that statement.  Will it be significantly slower than iClone 6?  Are you saying it will not even preview PBR in real-time?  Or are simply saying it will take more than one minute to render your 1-minute project (like in iClone 5 and iClone 6)?

Honestly, I'm not poking at you.  I simply want to be sure I'm understanding you clearly.  Sharing a common language helps us (everyone) have better conversations.

Lastly, how do you know this?  (Your answer to my first question might answer this last question.)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic