Profile Picture

iClone to Marmoset Toolbag (Request/Tip)

Posted By Mythcons 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
First, for those with the appropriate licenses, you must set 'Alembic Export' to Ogawa for it to work in Marmoset.

Second, to Reallusion, please implement an iClone to Marmoset Toolbag pipeline option. I would pay a zillion dollars (or maybe $200) for this feature. Character Creator 2.0 already exports to Sketchfab, which is basically a watered down online version of Marmoset. It seems like a natural progression/conclusion. BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fead0b78-89ba-4c38-aaa6-3524.png
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Second, to Reallusion, please implement an iClone to Marmoset Toolbag pipeline option

What would the reaon for that ? Iclone 7 has PBR and more animation options like marmoset . I have marmorset and with the upcomming Iclone it is over. I see no a special feature to have a Marmoset Toolbag.Pipeline

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Second, to Reallusion, please implement an iClone to Marmoset Toolbag pipeline option

What would the reaon for that ? Iclone 7 has PBR and more animation options like marmoset . I have marmorset and with the upcomming Iclone it is over. I see no a special feature to have a Marmoset Toolbag.Pipeline

liebe Grüße vidi

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@Mythcons
I agree with you, plus their web viewer is top notch.
@vidi
There are reasons that can't be discussed here for now..

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Not all PBR is created equal. Substance Painter has PBR rendering, but it pales in comparison to Marmoset's features. I would have to see iClone 7 to gauge how it compares to Marmoset, but since Marmoset has numerous shading options (e.g. DOTA2 Shader), I would bet good money on Marmoset having better capabilities in these areas.

iClone is obviously FAR superior when it comes to animation and other tools. It is a matter of different products having different specializations. Daz3D is better than iClone at morphing, for example.
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There are reasons that can not be discussed here today.
Why ? Hehe

liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
vidi (1/18/2017)
There are reasons that can not be discussed here today.
Why ? Hehe

Related to IC7 I guess...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

RL has postet a iClone 7 Video  with a sequences in  compare  with Marmoset , Substance and 3D coat .
PBR in iClone  is not a secret more. Since i saw the video , for me  no reason to have a pipeline to a another PBR engine,  why can tell me not grabiller , what I would miss in iClone compare to Marmoset ?

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
7 Years Ago by vidi
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vidi (1/18/2017)
RL has postet a iClone 7 Video  with a sequences in  compare  with Marmoset , Substance and 3D coat .
PBR in iClone  is not a secret more. Since i saw the video , for me  no reason to have a pipeline to a another PBR engine,  why can tell me not grabiller , what I would miss in iClone compare to Marmoset ?

PBR is only part of the equation. Marmoset has a varity of shader settings that may or may not be included with iClone 7. I'm not skeptical of Reallusion, I'm just saying that Marmoset is geared specifically towards real-time PBR rendering, whereas iClone is not (it is an animation suite with PBR coming). I would be absolutely thrilled if iClone was equal or superior to Marmoset. Until iClone has DOTA shaders, subsurface scattering, voxel decimination, etc., I would still like a pipeline to Marmoset.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/34845c1a-a8ff-4eef-84a2-7a9d.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by Mythcons
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
vidi (1/18/2017)

Lets say Marmoset can be considered as the "reference" realtime/interactive PBR renderer, while iClone ones still require some improvements, especially in the lighting area (the shading is fine except we have no SSS but the lighting is more important at this point).
You can see that on the video. We need realistic light attenuation, area lights, superior anti-aliasing, better shadow.. Note that the video is a "WIP", so we should still be careful.
Don't get me wrong, I love the improvements and Reallusion is definitely making the right move, but we are not there yet, compare to Marmoset and from what we can see in that iClone7 video.
But wait until iClone7 is released, so we can be sure of what's still missing or inferior.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Reading This Topic