CC 2.0 iHair Incompatible Hair with Crazy Talk 8

Posted By GreedyPeopleSuck 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I noticed that hair created in CC 2.0 is now named .cchair instead of .iHair. Custom hair will only import as part of an iAvatar, but it is wonky (It look normal in iClone). I tried renaming it to iHair, but it says the file is corrupt.

There's also a save bug where when you export an iAvatar it save it as exactly "__RL__Save__File__.Temp". The file will not work unless you rename it to the .iAvatar extension, then it will import. The exporting  2.0 characters works normally, but I don't have iClone 7 to test on.
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

This might have something to do with Substance material support. Here is a post regarding changes to CC/iClone in the iClone forum I made: https://forum.reallusion.com/312583/Where-did-RGB-Masking-go-in-Character-Creator-20
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It's a bug that you can't import .ccHair into CrazyTalk, but CC 2.0 is still beta and CT8 has not been updated. There is a workaround however. You just import .iAvatar and save custom hair there.

CT8 does not have anything but diffuse and opacity, and lighting is weird. You have to rely on tweaking opacity map a lot to make hair look ok in iClone. It's a hack. As you can see I have a rough model of your god emperor and my daddy, but his hair transplants in front are too thick in front in CC. This will be fine, but there is no hope for this hair in Crazy Talk. You specifically need to sculpt hair for use in Crazy Talk, and it will be limited. It could be fine stylistically for many styles, but I want the same style in CT8 as I have in iClone. It's easier just to paint in 2D.

Fibermesh is a no go in iClone 6, and I'm sure it will not look good in Crazy Talk. Hopefully things will improve on hair. For most people it doesn't matter at all. There is plenty of license, especially with female hair styles.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f9ea474-c569-445d-a1c6-90b8.png

From left to right, it is CC/iClone, CT8 as edited, and CT8 as it imports from the exact same iAvatar as on the far left. Sad.

Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
you could just pose a squirrel on his head as an iAcc and import that LOL
actually renaming iAcc even FBX imports to ctAcc I think it is (need to check am not on my PC)
and putting in folder wiorks, can have spring bones too and I have used rigged fiberhair.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
you could just pose a squirrel on his head as an iAcc and import that LOL
actually renaming iAcc even FBX imports to ctAcc I think it is (need to check am not on my PC)
and putting in folder wiorks, can have spring bones too and I have used rigged fiberhair.

Reading This Topic