DrawPlus Clipart into Affinity Designer

Posted By gcshep 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
gcshep
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago

I have done a tutorial for those people who might have had a  version of DrawPlus and have now upgraded to Affinity Designer this shows how  to export your clipart with all the layers in to AD with all the same layers  and then taken into CTA3 and did a short animation with it. I think you will  agree the amount of vector clipart in DrawPlus should keep you supplied for sometime to come and the biggest plus it’s FREE.

Best Regards

George
Tutorial

rfbindl
rfbindl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just realized Serif DrawPlus 8 is a legacy product being replaced by Affinity. DrawPlus is now $24.99, and Affinity just $49.99. I was about to buy DrawPlus for creating characters in CTA3 and wondering if I'd be just as happy with that. The price is certainly right.

My alternative is to use Animate CC but the license for me is only till Nov,

So, I wondered which would be the best route? DrawPlus, Affinity, or go with Animate. My guess is DrawPlus would be easier to use and no contending with expiring license? I haven't checked your tutorial converting over yet since I don't have DrawPlus, but I know it's there.
etourist
etourist
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
rfbindl (2/15/2017)
I just realized Serif DrawPlus 8 is a legacy product being replaced by Affinity. DrawPlus is now $24.99, and Affinity just $49.99. I was about to buy DrawPlus for creating characters in CTA3 and wondering if I'd be just as happy with that. The price is certainly right.

As it stands, DrawPlus 8 is not only the better option it also has more features relevant to exporting your art to CTA3. Affinity Designer has no animation tools and cannot export vector art as .swf files (i.e. flash file format). .swf is the format you need if you want to create G2 flash based characters or simply prefer using resolution independent vector based art over .PNG raster based art.

I have and use Affinity Photo but won't be upgrading to Affinity Designer because of the lack of animation tools and .swf file export. It may introduce support for at least .swf export in the future since, I'm sure, DrawPlus users upgrading to Designer will be missing flash file support but for right now, DrawPlus X8 is the better option.

However, for anyone who has DrawPlus and needs to bring their clipart into Affinity Designer for whatever reason, gcshep's tutorial is worth a look. 

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
etourist (2/15/2017)
[quote]rfbindl (2/15/2017)

I have and use Affinity Photo but won't be upgrading to Affinity Designer because of the lack of animation tools and .swf file export. It may introduce support for at least .swf export in the future since, I'm sure, DrawPlus users upgrading to Designer will be missing flash file support but for right now, DrawPlus X8 is the better option.

It's pretty unlikely they will support swf, though I think some animation timeline is somewhere deep in the road map. I was an early beta tester and got a few of my own feature requests into production.

Flash is dead. There's no point at all to support or develop for something closed source from their point of view. It's pretty disappointing because doing anything animated with the DOM is going to take forever with no GUI, and only the Greensock framework to sort out more advanced properties. Edge Animate was ended in 2015, and there is nothing close for multi-layer animation.

Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
gcshep (1/11/2017)

I have done a tutorial for those people who might have had a  version of DrawPlus and have now upgraded to Affinity Designer this shows how  to export your clipart with all the layers in to AD with all the same layers  and then taken into CTA3 and did a short animation with it. I think you will  agree the amount of vector clipart in DrawPlus should keep you supplied for sometime to come and the biggest plus it’s FREE.

Best Regards

George
Tutorial

Try group and copy in DP then paste from clipboard into Affinity Designer and then ungroup. Works great on some if not to complex.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
Edited
7 Years Ago by lesdodds

Reading This Topic