CTA3 control .avi files

Posted By x-bit 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
I'm glad it was useful for you x-bit, I hope to be able to use CTA3 for some upcoming projects that could bring in a little cash and anything I can do to help find the issues now will save me a lot of headaches in the future too.

Have you made an entry in the Feedback Tracker yet?  If so please share the link in this thread so others can vote for it too and not have multiple entries for the same issue.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

x-bit
x-bit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Good idea, Snarp Farkle!

Please see https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Controlling-avi-clips-not-working

Cheers,
X-Bit
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
x-bit(1/21/2017)
Snarp Farkle,

I am very grateful for your clips, showing exactly my findings! This is gold!
As I stated, I got in contact with the Reallusion support and received, as I see it at this time, o totally unrelated answer. I wrote back and referenced this Thread.
We can call this a bug and, as I heavily rely on external produced clips for the animations (normally used as the screen content in a news room), I am hoping that RL will fix this as soon as possible.

Once again, thanks a bunch for the clips, mate, it shows me that, although I am a beginner with CTA, I really didn't do anything wrong.

I'll keep this thread updated as soon as I get any usable answer from RL.

Edit: What they call "rigid state" in iClone was actually what I was looking for. It is just a player control to start / stop a clip. This would be the perfect solution and I am astonished, that this does not exist in CTA,

Hi X-Bit,

Thank you for your continued feedback on this. The development team will investigate the problem. If you keep in contact with Support they should be able to let you know the status of the issue and if and when a resolution can be expected.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Thanks I voted for it.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

x-bit
x-bit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I would like to give an update on the support thread I have with Reallusion:

Ticket ID:109045Status:Answered
Subject:Controlling avi clips in animation not workingDate1/18/2017

Hello!
I have to control start / stop of different avi files within the animation and already asked in the forum.

I received the answer that this would be possible when using the "visible" function, which at first works.

After saving the project and reopening it, all the avi clips start playing from the beginning on and I have to delete and rearrange them, until next time, when I save and open the project.

As this is a rather large project, I have to get a solution to this problem urgently, I can't let it open until finalization.

I am using the latest version of Crazy Talk animator 3.03.1230.1.

Thank you for your appreciated help!                                                                     

Dear Xavier,

We are sorry that we misunderstood your issue. We can confirm this is a known issue and we'll fix it in the future patch.

Please stay tune with our forum or product page's news.

Best Regards
Cosa
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.                                                                     
1/30/2017 7:55:55 PM                                                                                                                                              

Hello Cosa,
Is there any ETA for the "future patch"?

1/31/2017 7:27:07 AM                                                                                                                                              

Dear Xavier,

Thank you for contacting Reallusion.

Unfortunately, we can't give specific information regarding our development plan or schedule, please keep a check on our forum (https://forum.reallusion.com/default.aspx) or our website (http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/animator/animator_upgrade.aspx/) for news on future upgrades & versions.

FYI, in order to have made the issue transparent to the user, you're welcome to log in any bugs you've encountered in our Feedback Tracker: -
http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Product/CrazyTalk-Animator-3

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards
Lilian
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.                                                                     
2/1/2017 8:46:25 PM                                                                                                                                              

---
I will keep you updated.

Edited
7 Years Ago by x-bit
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Still no update to 3.1 and this issue still exists, the feedback tracker says it's "Assigned" but that was back in January, any further info on this Peter?

Reading This Topic