RLCntDecryptQU.dll missing from computer

Posted By Mugs 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mugs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Just bought and downloaded "G2 Power Tools Vol 1" to get extra characters for use with CTA2 Standard (which I'm using to create characters for a comic book). I unzipped the .zip file in the same folder that held character details (where I also put the universal installer).
When I finished and tried to open CTA2 I got the message "Program can't start because RLCntDeceyptQU.dll is missing from your computer." Then I got this very helpful message from my Norton anti-virus software that this .dll file is unsafe and had been removed.
Can anyone help? Should I uninstall CTA2, turn off Norton and reinstall all the CTA2 software, Power Tools, etc?    
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Its never a good idea to load software with Nortons running or any virus software. Its best to reload it with the virus software off' then turn it back on and block it if it gives you a warning about dll files or unrecognized files. Once you turn Nortons back on after reloading the software Nortons may warn you of unknown files and ask you if you want to remove these unknown files click keep files. Smile

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Mugs (12/30/2016)
Just bought and downloaded "G2 Power Tools Vol 1" to get extra characters for use with CTA2 Standard (which I'm using to create characters for a comic book). I unzipped the .zip file in the same folder that held character details (where I also put the universal installer).
When I finished and tried to open CTA2 I got the message "Program can't start because RLCntDeceyptQU.dll is missing from your computer." Then I got this very helpful message from my Norton anti-virus software that this .dll file is unsafe and had been removed.
Can anyone help? Should I uninstall CTA2, turn off Norton and reinstall all the CTA2 software, Power Tools, etc?    

Hi Mugs,

I'm a bit confused by your references to zip files and universal installers.

When you install CrazyTalk Animator 2 or 3 the Content Downloader will automatically be installed as well. You shouldn't need to place universal installers or place content files into folders yourself. You should just click the downloader link for G2 Power Tools Vol.1 which will download an RLD installer file. Then when this is run it will automatically install your content pack in the right folders.

I'm not sure why you are following this unusual way of installing content but I would guess this may have something to do with the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Mugs
Mugs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks for the advice, Kevin.
I'll start again with Norton off.
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mugs (12/30/2016)
Thanks for the advice, Kevin.
I'll start again with Norton off.

what peter said toSmile

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com

Reading This Topic