iClone 7 Studio Pipeline Suite Pre-order Upgrade Price Confusion

Posted By Greenlaw 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 7 Studio Pipeline Suite Pre-order Upgrade Price Confusion

Author
Greenlaw
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

I just found out about the iClone 7 Studio Pipeline Suite pre-order. I'd like to take advantage of it but I'm a little confused about the offer.

On the following pricing chart, the upgrade price for current iClone 6 Studio Pipeline Suite users is listed as $379. (Page link: What is the best price offered during the pre-order campaign?)

But when I go to the actual purchase page on the website, the upgrade price is listed at $529. (Page link: iClone 7 Pre-order)

I'm guessing $529 is a pre-order discount for a new user purchase because even the launch upgrade price for current users in the chart is listed at a lower cost ($449).

So how do I access the upgrade discount for current users? There seems to be no way to take advantage of the upgrade price. Should I wait till after the campaign is over before upgrading to get the lower upgrade price listed in the chart?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer.

D.R. Greenlaw, Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
My 2nd 'DreamWorks Animation' Reel (2020) | My 'DreamWorks Animation' Reel (2017) | My 'The Asylum' Reel (2015)

Edited
8 Years Ago by Greenlaw
Greenlaw
Greenlaw
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

Hi,

I'm replying to my own post with info in case anybody else had that question. I think what confused me is the various bundles. The order page apparently has 3 different upgrade offers for Pipeline users, and I think what I'm interested in is the first one for $379. All I want is to be able to import and export my own content as fbx. (I currently own iClone 6 with 3D Xchange Pipline.)

What threw me off is the $529 Pipeline offer. Is this offer for additional pre-made 'human figure' content? I'm not sure I really need that but could somebody explain to me what this bundle is offering? If this is just for extra content and not extra functionality, I'll probably go with the $379 offer.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

My 2nd 'DreamWorks Animation' Reel (2020) | My 'DreamWorks Animation' Reel (2017) | My 'The Asylum' Reel (2015)

Edited
8 Years Ago by Greenlaw
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thats for extra content like clothes and possibly hair. Also I think it unlocks some more morph sliders in Character creator.
I would get the 379 bundle if all you need is to export fbx out of iclone.
Greenlaw
Greenlaw
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the advice! It's exactly the info I was looking for. Smile

Greenlaw
Greenlaw
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Quick followup. Jollen at Reallusion contacted me today and kindly informed me that I already purchased CC Essentials as part of an older bundle. Oh, duh! I was so busy this past year with other projects that I never got around to looking at that content package and forgot I already had it.

That was very cool of them to let me know I should be choosing the $379 Pipeline upgrade. Off to make the purchase now. Smile

Edited
8 Years Ago by Greenlaw
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Greenlaw (12/28/2016)
Quick followup. Jollen at Reallusion contacted me today and kindly informed me that I already purchased CC Essentials as part of an older bundle. Oh, duh! I was so busy this past year with other projects that I never got around to looking at that content package and forgot I already had it.

That was very cool of them to let me know I should be choosing the $379 Pipeline upgrade. Off to make the purchase now. Smile

Thanks for the clarification, I'm still riding the fence.  Wish RL would publish the demo vid of the morph / facial animation updates and curve editor before pre-purchase discount expires.

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

See this page and scroll to the bottom:
https://www.reallusion.com/event//iClone7-preorder/

I think the "Curve Editor" is the prize. Smile  Or I over bought and will be looking for a partial refund cause I already have the CC Morph pack and clothes or whatever the other bonus is. Ermm

EDIT: I just realized the CC Essentials in the pipeline suite are the "export version" so being I just had the "iContent version" I will just keep the Suite and go from there. Still not sure about the curve editor if it comes with Pro, Pipeline or Pipeline suite though. Maybe someone can explain the real differences between the Suite upgrade the the Pipeline upgrade.

Edited
7 Years Ago by theschemer

Reading This Topic