My XMas gift for the whole RL community

Posted By RobertoColombo 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 5 votes.
Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

happy to hear that it works.
And thanks for understanding the problem with the DOT: I checked and it is true.
Note: this is an iClone problem, i.e., the Motion Puppet tool does not display anything when a Body profile name contains a DOT.
Weird... isn't it ? BigGrin

...and just for curiosity, I created a category with a DOT in the name and the result is the same: the Motion Puppet tool definitively does not like the DOTs Blink
...and because the curiosity was not satisfied, I tried to add a DOT to any of the animation clip in a Category: odd enough, in this case the Motion Puppet tool simply ignore any part of the name that follow the DOT character and display only the left part of it.

Hence, I am preparing a new version where I simply replace in the final Body Profile name, Category name, and motion name any "." character with a "_" character.
(Somehow...) Super-easy!! Cool

The icons that appear in the Dialog Box when you ADD/EDIT a the Category are used as a alternative way to add a user-defined picture as a category icon, rather than the Text.
You can fill the directory (where I already inserted some icons) with any picture you want.
Also feel free to delete the icons I put: they are there just as an example.

In the new version that I am preparing I also fixed the fact that the selected icon did not stretch correctly to exactly in the icon Category box in the Motion Puppet tool.

So... new version upcoming in a while.
Stay tuned! Wink

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
toystorylab (12/27/2016)
COOOOL!! It works fine, thank you very, very MUCH w00t
BUT
as Snarp Farkle said:
Complete "Cartoon Motions" (Vol. 1-3) do NOT appear and "Masculine Movements" Vol. 1 do NOT appear...
BUT
these are the only folders with a  DOT . in it...
Could that be the reason??
Well, i simply DELETED those DOTS . in the folders and VOILA, they DO appear...
(so Snarp Farkle; you know what to DExclamation Mark...)

Roberto, this is such a great Christmas Gift! (and a HUGE, IMMENSE improvement to Motion Puppet Tool)

T.H.A.N.X again Kiss
(by the way, and maybe a silly question, but how do we use these CategoryIcons respectively our own images ?)

Thanks for the tip toystorylab, That did the trick!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd921ead-a11e-435a-a7c3-4dbe.png

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I remember a while back someone posting a text file about "modifying Face Puppet profiles" but can't find the post so I uploaded my copy of it [HERE].  I don't remember the author but this was the first time I toyed with changing the profiles to suit the project I was working on, in it he mentions the importance of the naming convention used in the process.  Roberto's "Wonderful and Magical Profile Machine" makes this process so much easier! 

Thank you again Roberto for your generosity! Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well, DOT was a sudden idea, not really a scientific analysis.
I am not at all into maths, physics and Python is an dangerous animal i'd better not touch...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2dff1ab8-7021-48c4-9fe1-0af1.png

That only a simpel DOT in the Folder-Name can cause this is totally weird Blush
Hm, i did not see any of these CategoryIcons (frames) in the Motion Puppet Tool...(?)

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

New version is now available: 1.3

Changes:

- added automatic renaming of Body profile, Category, and Clip name for the Motion Puppet if any DOT exists ( "." replaced with "_" )
- fixed a mistake in the Clip Delete function (if multiple clips were selected, only the 1st one was deleted)
- added the stretching of the icons taken from image files (i.e. not the Text) so that they perfectly fit into the Motion Puppet icon space

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Hm,
something very strange happened...
I wanted to load all my motions out of my custom folder but 1.2 crashed immediately.
Every time i tried it.
Then i clicked 4.6 wich is not in the MPM folder and that worked.
Than i clicked 3.5 / 4.0 / 4.5 and they all mentioned the missing IC5/6/7 ini (because the exe was not in MPM folder)
Then i deleted the CategoryIcons Folder and ALL (3.5 / 4.0 / 4.5 / 1.2 / 4.6) work now (within the MPM Folder)...
So i guess something is wrong with that CategoryIcons Folder... (at least on my PC)

Will download 1.3 now

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Forget the previous versions: try the 1.3
Ciao

My PC:

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Version 1.3 works fine (even with the CategoryIcons Folder Crazy)

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hm,
everything worked fine BUT as soon i opened CategoryIcons Folder and closed again, 1.3 crashes immediately.
Folder kicked out ---> No crash!

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

New version is now available: 1.4

Changes: re-coded the ListView control for the Category icons in the correct way (thanks to "toystorylab" to highlight it)

Roberto

My PC:

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo

Reading This Topic