Bring Back Ability to Export as SWF

Posted By lvha 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lvha
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Please bring back the ability to export as SWF. I understand the issues with using SWFs on the Web. However, there are a number of video applications that allow importing SWFs, CTA included. Being able to create WFs in CTA then import them into other programs was a huge benefit for me.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have to agree with this. 

Despite all the hoopla about web standards, ultimately the truth is that Flash (Adobe Animate) is still the leading tool for making modern animation. Most modern TV shows are being produced with Flash, and its still being pushed at universities as the tool of choice for content. The other tools such as harmony and even Moho know this and make every effort to remain compatible with the technology. After all were not making web banners and games etc... were making movies.

Of course by bringing back SWF export you would be empowering all animators with tools they just dont have. 

Flash bone tool is a joke. But CTAs G2 system is ground braking. I bet if this were brought back, most animators would not think twice about using CTA for their base character animation tasks, knowing that they can export their animated objects back into Flash for more advanced stuff. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic