Profile Picture

Webinar on a Fast Camera Blocking workflow using iClone 6 & Shot Designer, presented by Alan Marues...

Posted By Alan_M 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Webinar on a Fast Camera Blocking workflow using iClone 6 & Shot...

Author
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi folks,

For those who can be available, time zone dependant, myself and Julian Darley of Mysterious Movies are doing a live webinar with Kai on a workflow I developed using iClone 6 and Hollywood Camerawork's Shot Designer.

Webinar link

Hopefully some of you can join us.

All the best

Alan M
Edited
8 Years Ago by Alan_M
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've just signed up for this. !st time I've seen a webinar in uk evening time slot.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

TheOldBuffer (12/14/2016)
I've just signed up for this. !st time I've seen a webinar in uk evening time slot.

Well that is down to the fact the both myself and Julian Darley of Mysterious Movies are UK based.  RL originally wanted us to do midnight GMT but funnily enough we negotiated away from that time slot.  7pm GMT I can live with, just means dinner will be a bit later than usual but hopefully everyone will find the webinar useful.

All the best

Alan M
jollyro
jollyro
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I signed up for that, Alan. I guess it will be good. I guess the time might be a problem for some people over here, but I am still on disability and waiting for my Heart Surgery,even if this is a bad thing, for this it is good, because I have the time and do not have to work. On the other hand there are lots of Users in Europe, too. For them it should be a great time. These young shots at RL are not aware of how it is when you get old, I guess. And you are more or less my age, I believe.
See you later...

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jollyro (12/14/2016)
I signed up for that, Alan. I guess it will be good. I guess the time might be a problem for some people over here, but I am still on disability and waiting for my Heart Surgery,even if this is a bad thing, for this it is good, because I have the time and do not have to work. On the other hand there are lots of Users in Europe, too. For them it should be a great time. These young shots at RL are not aware of how it is when you get old, I guess. And you are more or less my age, I believe.
See you later...

Hi jollyro,

Sorry to hear about your medical issues but I am glad you can make it.  As I said it might have been possible to do midnight time GMT which is the usual slot PDT.  However I work for a living at the end of the day and by the time the webinar would have finished it would be heading for 2am our time.  I would then get 4 hours sleep before having to be up again.  Maybe if they did them on a Friday I could do a slot like that as I would not have to get up so early the next day.

I have been told we have good uptake on the registrations for the webinar so I am happy to say that there does appear to be some interest out there.  I will do my best to entertain and inform and if i fail I am sure I will have questions fired at me during the Q&A or indeed on this forum which I will happily field.

Catch you later.

Alan M
jollyro
jollyro
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Now I have a greater understanding how you guys work, it seems hard to make the "Directors" happy. I am in the lucky position, that I am my own writer, camera operator and director, so I have only to argue with myself. Mostly I know exactly how I want the shot done and how I want it to be set up. In my documentaries I mostly did not even had a script. I did the script after the shots...But I found a use in this for my work in commercials. A little blocking scene might clear all questions for my costumers.
 I am not a professional Filmmaker, I never had the chance to do it professional and learn it right. I was a chef for most of my life, so I had very little time to do this, even if I film now for 40 years and started digital editing in the early 80's on a Amiga. I won some Amateur Festival Prices in Germany and Spain, got paid for some documentaries, did commercials for Shipping Lines, Hotels, Tobacco  and Drilling Companies, did Camera-Work for the German Television and did a lot of small Productions for non profit Organisations like SPCA, environmental Protection, Animal Care, Red Cross. I started to use 3D animation in the late 80's , too, because I needed a model of a Water Jet Animation for a Documentary of a very fast Cat-Ferry between Germany and Poland. I could not afford to buy this, so I just made my own. It worked.....
I had to stop cooking a while ago because of my Heart trouble, they found out that I have a genetic defect since I am a kid, so since 6 years I am out of the kitchen and work for Highway Maintenance as an Operator now. Because I am waiting for my last Heart Surgery now (2 are done), I am on medical Leave for a Year already. But that gave me the chance, to learn IClone and take your course, I also did a course for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Carrara 3D, Blender, Photo Shop and some other stuff. Here is a little Clip I did after your Course https://youtu.be/v4ZZrACw0VM, what do you think?  I did it the way you blocked it in your Course. First just put the Avatars and Cameras, then refine the Camera Views, then did the Animations of the characters. I also did it in 2  separate Projects and finished it in Premiere.  My resources are a bit limited at this time, my old Computer has only a 650 TI with 1 Gig Mem, It is a second Generation I7, lots of Ram (24Gigs), but over 6 years old. So the quality is a bit poor, special at the hair from Ronald. 
Whatever, thanks for that Webinar and your course and the inside view into your "world". At least I learned a lo about the organisation of these things and got some time saving  Ideas for future projects. Thank you for that, my friend and have a good one!
Thomas

Reading This Topic