cloud animator vs CTA3

Posted By hcameron90 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hcameron90
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
ok I just got an email about cloud animator and it looked like something I could use for future projects. 
My question is other than having an interactive video and being Free, what's the big difference between this and CTA3??

I can definitely create a 2d animated video in CTA3 (shoot even in iclone 6 based off this Creating a Title Sequence Wink

So is the interactive feature the only feature that separates cloud animator from CTA3 ?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 19 minutes ago
It looks very similar but ...
You can not upload your own shapes (use images instead) and no pose-able or animate-able characters.
It does have the interactive feature which is nice.
To me it looks like an enhanced interactive power point presenter for web use.
I'm sure it's not meant to replace CTA but it will have it's own niche for interactive presentations.
Also, I'm not sure if it will always be free, just the Beta.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I played around with but i really don't see much of a use for it aside from basic slide shows. Pretty much what google has already done at http://slides.google.com 

Im looking forward to seeing the development of this project unfolds. I think the name itself is intriguing, maybe they have plans to integrate character animation functionality.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Cory Chang
Cory Chang
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi Ibls, 

Cloud Animator paid version now has launched since last month.
You may visit us again to know more our new features as the following link:  
https://www.reallusion.com/cloudanimator/

Also you may take a look our  live video which is made by Cloud Animator, the link is as following: 
https://cloudanimator.reallusion.com/player/2d39e3f806

This time you also can export your character with animator from CTA3. 

And ctrl +v to import it in Cloud Animator.

Cloud Animator now is focus on  an Integration cloud tool that let users can easily import any custom assets (images, musics, sounds, videos) to make an interactive animated project quickly and then share to others or embed to their website.
Users can make your own for personal slide show, presentation, commercial promotion (for example: https://cloudanimator.reallusion.com/Player/f0afac91f6)

Now Cloud Animator is just beginning, and really need everyone's feedback.
welcome let us know your advice to help us getting better and better!!

Thanks

Best Wishes

Cory 

socialimpactforbusiness
socialimpactforbusiness
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm not sure that I get the point of the yearly fee for the 2nd plan. Why would I want to pay for something I can't download and reuse on a website or social media?
Can someone please tell me what the advantage of this would be. 
Also, once you buy the Advanced plan, your money is non refundable which is something they fail to mention in the non existent fine print.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
socialimpactforbusiness (4/24/2018)
I'm not sure that I get the point of the yearly fee for the 2nd plan. Why would I want to pay for something I can't download and reuse on a website or social media?
Can someone please tell me what the advantage of this would be. 

Hi... 

I'm not sure what you mean by "Why would I want to pay for something I can't download and reuse on a website or social media".

The whole point of Cloud Animator is to create animated projects that can be used on websites or social media so you can certainly do this with any plan.

The benefits of the Advanced plan over the free option is more storage space, more saved projects, and double the slides allowed in each project. (You can see the full differences HERE.)

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

socialimpactforbusiness
socialimpactforbusiness
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
It does not allow me to download anything. When I try to download, I get a message to "

I can only get an embed code that leads people back to this platform to play the video. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
The Advanced plan doesn't offer self hosting. That is only available in the Business Plan.

With the Advanced plan you just embed the Cloud Animator project onto your website or social media just as you would a YouTube video. All your projects are safely stored on our servers and you have 5GB of storage space available. If you need self hosting then unfortunately you will need to upgrade to the Business Plan.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic