Hitfilm 2017 and iClone Alembic issue

Posted By yoyomaster 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
yoyomaster
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello everyone.

I am looking into Hitfilm 2017 as a render solution for iClone sequences using Alembic, but I am hitting a snag, thanks in advance for any help.

I Export my Alembic file using iClone, I export the obj using 3DxChange, import the obj in Hitfilm, the abc file, I insert the model on the timeline, setup camera and lights, all look good at that point, but as soon as I insert the abc file on the object the lights are inverted for some reasons.

I tried inverting the normals, but nothing fixes it, the only thing that works is moving the lights behind the model, then lighting looks sort of good.

In this image I have the 3D model before and after I insert the abc file, I tried both HDF5 and Ogawa Alembic export, same thing happens, anyone has an idea on how to fix this?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b37dee4e-cb0c-47c7-8f13-11f7.jpg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
What happens if you insert the lights after applying the abc file?

If you haven't already, take a look at the tutorial below. This shows how to setup lights and materials correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwY5W6IjRKo

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

OgxNet
OgxNet
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi
it's all about the texture and the lighting ,Mr Peter give you the straight solution "Alembic Export from iClone to Hitfilm"
here is some other tips :
HitFilm How to light a 3D mode
Edited
8 Years Ago by OgxNet
yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (12/14/2016)
What happens if you insert the lights after applying the abc file?

If you haven't already, take a look at the tutorial below. This shows how to setup lights and materials correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwY5W6IjRKo

Thanks for your reply, yes, I used that tutorial as the basis, but I will try to put the light after and will have a closer look at the tutorial, thanks again!

OgxNet (12/16/2016)
Hi
it's all about the texture and the lighting ,Mr Peter give you the straight solution "Alembic Export from iClone to Hitfilm"
here is some other tips :
HitFilm How to light a 3D mode

Also thanks for the reply and the tips and links, as I mentioned in my post, I am using Alembic export, but I will look into it today, thanks again!
Edited
8 Years Ago by yoyomaster

Reading This Topic