Profile Picture

Am I in the right place?

Posted By AirBeagle1 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AirBeagle1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Just a quick follow-up.  You mentioned exporting in Apple ProRes4444 to allow for a transparent background.  I'm exporting in ProRes4444, but I haven't figured out how to switch to a transparent (or no) background in CrazyTalk 8.  I could make the background something obnoxious and bright and then key it out later in Final Cut Pro, but the workflow seems cleaner if there's no background there to begin with.  Thanks for any tips/advice!  Make it a great day!
Lernakow
Lernakow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)

There is no background in a new project.
You can add it and then probably remove it (I never tried removing), but at first you have no background other than the light grey application background that is not included in the export (opaque formats make it black, transparent format makes it transparent (although if you just play it in QuickTime it will look black). You only see that the result is transparent if you import it to your editing application and lay it on top of something else.
On the other hand transparent export is very slow. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more effective to use a green box and then remove it in editing with chroma keying.
AirBeagle1
AirBeagle1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)Senior Member (317 reputation)

Thanks Lernakow!  I played around with this some more through the night and it looks like that default gray background does export for 3D models, even with Apple ProRes4444, though you can get the transparent background with 2D Models in CT8.  Not sure why that is, or if I'm missing something, but I'm thinking you may be right in that it will be much simpler in the long run to just export with an obnoxious opaque background and key it out later in my video software.  You assistance has been MUCH appreciated!  I'm looking forward to sharing my first CT8 project with my students (and of course will post here as well).  Make it a great day!
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
I am not on a Mac, but if you have a video editor that can handle image sequences, you could try the following: set the background to black and export as a PNG image sequence. This will give you the model against a transparent background.

This works with the 3D head model. I tried the same with the 2D model, but I had no success.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AirBeagle1
AirBeagle1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Got it to work... and the final result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnoI_tU1o6I

Reading This Topic