Profile Picture

Creating character from 2D image

Posted By RikiFou 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RikiFou
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi folks! I purchased CTA3 Pipeline about a week ago and for the most part I'm starting to get comfortable. Just now I'm trying to follow a CTA2 tutorial from February 2014 and replace sprites on the Saul dummy with my own sprites (which are more complicated than the bear in the tutorial, by the way). I think I've mostly found my way through the differences in the interface, but a big problem I'm having is dragging and sizing my sprites. Here are my questions:

1) Is there a recommended size for sprites? I created them in a Photoshop file 1000px tall, and used GIMP to remove the extra space, but they come up small in relation to the skeleton, and I seem to reach a maximum, which is close but I'd like to do better from the start.
2) Is it possible to turn snapping OFF? I can't position them precisely or easily with the mouse, only using X and Y selector on the toolbar.
3) What's the secret to layer order? When I initially add them some appear behind another, making sizing even more challenging.

I hope I've been clear and you can help this newbie.
RikiFou
RikiFou
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I've answered my own question for "Snap to Grid." For anyone else, I found it in Preferences (where I'd already looked, but oh well...) and the Hot Key is CTRL+W.

Reading This Topic