Profile Picture

06. What's new in CrazyTalk Animator v3.03

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thesestars
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,  

I made the purchased CTA2 Pro at a time when you offered CTA 3 Pro for free --- finally getting a chance to get in a explore, but its crashing, can't save, can't open a project without getting, "a problem occurred message CTA3 has to close".

I tried updating the patch.  

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and downloading everything all over again, including the patch---still crashing.

I just purchased $200 worth of add-ons and I can't play.   I notice that when I uninstalled CTA2 Pro ---it still left a folder in my User Public Documents folder, and when I tried to download and install my purchases a second time to fix this crash problem, I was getting a message about duplicate files---is that why? the uninstall didn't remove the CTA2 public files--which of course had my old CTA2 projects in them.  What did I do wrong?

I could use some help.  Thanks

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
thesestars (1/24/2017)
Hi,  

I made the purchased CTA2 Pro at a time when you offered CTA 3 Pro for free --- finally getting a chance to get in a explore, but its crashing, can't save, can't open a project without getting, "a problem occurred message CTA3 has to close".

I tried updating the patch.  

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and downloading everything all over again, including the patch---still crashing.

I just purchased $200 worth of add-ons and I can't play.   I notice that when I uninstalled CTA2 Pro ---it still left a folder in my User Public Documents folder, and when I tried to download and install my purchases a second time to fix this crash problem, I was getting a message about duplicate files---is that why? the uninstall didn't remove the CTA2 public files--which of course had my old CTA2 projects in them.  What did I do wrong?

I could use some help.  Thanks

Hi thesestars,

There seems to be crashes of CTA3 on some machines, mine included, I submitted a support ticket and they are looking into it.  I suggest you do the same and to speed up the process it is best to also find the dump file(s), zip it with whatever zip program you use and place the zip in a free DropBox account or which ever one you might have and supply them with the link to the shared zipped file in your message.

I have Windows 10 and found my dump (*.dmp) files in: C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Local\CrashDumps.  Note: (USER NAME) would be your user name.
My .dmp file was named "CrazyTalkAnimator.exe.(a number).dmp".  Note: (a number) will be a different number for each crash that has occurred.  You might find several of these .dmp files depending on how many times you experienced CTA3 crashes.  It is important to add all of them to your .zip file for support to review.  This will dramatically speed up the response time from support.

Other Windows versions might find the .dmp files in C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Local\Temp\CTA3Temp-or-ReallusionTemp depending on your version of Windows, only .dmp files are any good to them don't include any .tmp files.

[NOTE:]  A word of caution to anyone who uses a "Registry Cleaner" like CCleaner, which is what I use to uninstall programs and clean up after and have been for many years, they will delete the .dmp files unless you Exclude the C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\ folder.  In CCleaner it's like this:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3dfb0eb4-3170-4377-9d22-b791.jpg

Hope this helps.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Eurekas
Eurekas
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Where is the latest Patch fro CTA 3

Greg
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Eurekas (2/14/2017)
Where is the latest Patch fro CTA 3

Greg

In your user account or
http://kb.reallusion.com/General/50020/Four-methods-to-update-Reallusion-software-to-the-latest-version

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
TGL
TGL
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi there,
I have CTA2 Pipeline and CTAPro1 & 2.
I'm trying to see the value of upgrading to CTA3. From a quick look at the new tutorials, it looks to me as if it is a reworked CTA1.
Can someone help me to see the benefits of this upgrade please. I think perhaps it's in the yet to come PSD character developer because the CTA2 Pipeline character developer was too problematic in my opinion.

Thanks for any comments or advice.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
TGL (2/18/2017)
Hi there,
I have CTA2 Pipeline and CTAPro1 & 2.
I'm trying to see the value of upgrading to CTA3. From a quick look at the new tutorials, it looks to me as if it is a reworked CTA1.
Can someone help me to see the benefits of this upgrade please. I think perhaps it's in the yet to come PSD character developer because the CTA2 Pipeline character developer was too problematic in my opinion.

Thanks for any comments or advice.

If you found the creation of characters in CTA2 problematic, then CTA3 should be the perfect upgrade for you. In CTA3 you can animate almost anything and create a multitude of different character types. Please take a look at the video below. This shows an example of what you can do in CTA3.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic