PopVideo 3 export transparent video failure

Posted By jasonshaw1 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jasonshaw1
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am using the demo to see if I like it but so far cannot export/render videos where I have used chroma to remove the colour background (ordinary video eport works fine)  - the program appears to export almost instantaeously, then tells me the video has been rendered, but then there is nothing there (or if I select the 'open media' option that pops up immediately after export  I get the error 'failed to open'.)

Is this a limitation of demo or do I have some settings amiss?

As I said, ordinary video export (not using chroma setting) works fine - and it takes a while so I can see it is doing it.

(Windows 10 64 bit/Latest K Lite Mega Codec Pack)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the trial. We are sadly not able to reproduce the problem.

When you select the Chroma Key option on the Modify Panel do you correctly see your video background change to a checkerboard? If so can you then play this back successfully in popVideo 3?

If everything is as it should be in preview mode, which export options are you choosing? Are you selecting to output in popVideo format? If so, have you checked your range is set to all and the resolution is correct? Also if you are able, do try a different source video as there could be an issue with the video itself.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic