Buddy's World?

Posted By Moonci 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Moonci
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I purchased Buddy's World "G2 Power Tools Vol. 4 - Buddy's World"  but after downloading it, I don't see how to access it from CTA3 pipeline.  I think I found the folder where the characters are but they seem to be all flash characters.  I don't see any animation, props or scenes associated with the download.  Anyone know where these guys might be hiding and how I might access them and their accoutrerments?

Thanks in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
For the Buddy's World character you need to take the Buddy Base character into Character Composer where you will find all the clothing and heads. For the Buddy Plaza pack go to the Props and Scene tabs in Content Manager and for the motion files go to Animation > Perform in Content Manager.

I would also advise visiting the product pages of each pack in the bundle below where you will find a "How To" section for each one. Smile

https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/promo/CTA2_G2PowerTools_V4/default.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Moonci
Moonci
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I read the articles you pointed me to, but it didn't help.  What is happening is that my Buddy Character faces and clothing is not showing up in the folders within CTA3.  I looked at the folders on my computer (Buddy Build - Buddy Faces) and I see the files, but when I go to the program, the same files in the content manager are not present - the folders appear empty.  I tested to see if the  folders listed in the content manager were pointing to, or the same as, the folders on my computer.  I placed a temp folder in the in the Buddy Faces folder and filled the temp folder with the files that I should be able to see.  I went back into CTA3 and in the content manager I could see my temp folder but the files in it could not be seen.  The files have the extension .ctbrow

Any idea why I can't see these "Buddy" files?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Moonci(12/27/2016)
I read the articles you pointed me to, but it didn't help.  What is happening is that my Buddy Character faces and clothing is not showing up in the folders within CTA3.  I looked at the folders on my computer (Buddy Build - Buddy Faces) and I see the files, but when I go to the program, the same files in the content manager are not present - the folders appear empty.  I tested to see if the  folders listed in the content manager were pointing to, or the same as, the folders on my computer.  I placed a temp folder in the in the Buddy Faces folder and filled the temp folder with the files that I should be able to see.  I went back into CTA3 and in the content manager I could see my temp folder but the files in it could not be seen.  The files have the extension .ctbrow

Any idea why I can't see these "Buddy" files?

I just checked with my own installation and the files are there (see below).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b18e3ebf-8475-4f91-9907-d01b.png

Are you using the latest version of CTA3 which is 3.02. If not please update.

Do check that the center divider in the image above isn't too far to the right. If it is, drag it to the center to see the thumbnails.

Do also check you have administrator privileges, or try running CTA3 by right clicking and choosing "Run As Administrator" (Windows version).

If this doesn't help, please contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic