Profile Picture

Application Memory Freeze CTA3

Posted By domenic.pisano 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
s_i_l_l_e_2209
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

i have the patch 3.0.2 already received from the support and recorded.
However, the problem remains! :-(

Edited
8 Years Ago by s_i_l_l_e_2209
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
s_i_l_l_e_2209 (12/7/2016)
Hi,

i have the patch 3.0.2 already received from the support and recorded.
However, the problem remains! :-(

If you are a Mac user and still have this memory issue after installing 3.02, then please can you contact our Technical Support department using the link below.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
With the release of V3.02, the problem mentioned is fixed.
CTA 3.02 
1) Function and Content Enhanced:
Added: Fully supports video textures (.MOV and .MP4) on the Mac version.

2) Bug Fixed:
Fixed: Program crashed when clicking Body Puppet on Motion Library Vol. 1~3 Content packs.
Fixed: The default binding was set to "Double Bind" when using "Add Image" to make a new layer in the Layer Manager.
Fixed: Memory issues caused the program to crash when selecting a character or entering Composer mode on a Mac.
Fixed: Some props with a color gradient (ex. Cloud on G3 Beach Scene) would not render correctly on a Mac.
domenic.pisano
domenic.pisano
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Well...I tried the 3.02 version and things got somewhat better.  The activity monitor has CTA3 running at 850MB while exporting now, thats down from over 8GB before the patch and it's even less than the 1GB that CTA2 uses when it renders.  However, by 1200 frames in it still ramps up the memory pressure into the red and the computer crashes, (this is up from about 500 frames prior to the patch).  The same file still renders fine in CTA2
Edited
8 Years Ago by domenic.pisano
domenic.pisano
domenic.pisano
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The new .03 update fixed everything (So far). While rendering in 1080, RAM use is under 1 gig. The CPU usage is moderate. Memory pressure did not ramp up and the computer's fans didn't even go on. So far so good with the updated patch.
Edited
7 Years Ago by domenic.pisano

Reading This Topic