Add Hair and costumes to 2d Head from a Pic

Posted By joelnann 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
joelnann
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Greetings all...and thanks in advance for your help...

So I went to create a new 2d head from a pic (I am using Standard) only to discover that after I load the head and do all the work it wouldn't let me add hair, accessories, body or head (for example) from the templates.  Is that exclusive to 3d heads only, which I cannot make in standard right?  Are newly created 2d heads only compatible with eyes and teeth from the templates section?

Anybody know a work around for this.  I wanted to take a face from a picture and add different styles, costumes, etc.

Thanks,

Joel
Lernakow
Lernakow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)

You can use eyes and teeth with 2D characters and it works better than I expected.
As for accessories - a 2D character should have all it needs in the picture. If you want a character with glasses you take a picture with glasses. In fact it looks better than 3D accessories you can apply to 3D heads (although 3D heads themselves look and especially move much better).
joelnann
joelnann
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)

Thanks for that feedback.  I have had some luck with the eyes and teeth as well but I was really hoping to be able to quickly put the face in various "characters" if you will...since it seemed you can do that with the PRO version with 3D heads I was hoping I had overlooked something and you could do it with 2D heads in Standard as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Joel
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can add accessories, such as glasses, hair, phone, briefcase, etc., either on the stage or in Character Composer mode.
Using composer mode allows an added prop to be layered within the characters layers where a prop added on the stage can only be layered behind or in front of the character.
Any prop can be used with any character.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

joelnann
joelnann
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks Jeff for posting that helpful comment.  But I am still not seeing it...are you referring to CrazyTalk or CrazyTalk Animator and does it matter if standard or pro version?

For example I don't see a Composer mode in the Standard version of CrazyTalk but I do in Animator.

And I checked out videos as well...very helpful indeed.

Thanks,

Joel
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry, misread the category that it was CrazyTalk and not CrazyTalk Animator which I was talking about.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic