Pro Facial System for Face Puppet and Face Key Editor

Posted By eternityblue 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Kinda wondering what that entails. I had to chuckle the first few times reading that though, what with the propensity for jiggling bits from some users, you never know which feature request gets implemented, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

djmulcahy
djmulcahy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm going to bump this because I was wondering the same... No details yet, as far as I could find.  Anyone else see/hear rumors?

I work in both Daz and iClone, but most of the time I'd much rather just take Daz assets into iClone to do my thing, except the times when I just can't get done what I want.

One of those times is when I need fine facial control, and I just never feel like I can get that out of an imported Daz character.  So I've got my fingers crossed that something exciting is up... 

Any ideas yet on what this could be?  I know they're rolling info out here and there, but I'm excited.  w00t

Read "A Simple Scribe" on Kindle, a dark fantasy graphic novel made with iClone!    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0DGK4L

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I really do wish they would reconsider the drip drip drip of info. 

3DTest seems to be working closely with Reallusion, so I think trying his mod and watching his videos should give us a decent idea where we are headed. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKtjihhZQ_qmxEmbBzxt-nQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
One of the things that 3DTest mentions (which is a huge concern) is the need for lip sync in iClone to be "cleaned up" as it's a "PITA" (his words, not mine, but I feel the same).

If we can't get facial mocap, then we need MUCH better auto lip-sync, which isn't all that difficult a thing to achieve.  If we have to spend many hours on a simple sentence then iClone becomes mostly worthless for quality animations.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
djmulcahy
djmulcahy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)

Hmmm... I haven't seen that video before.  

I've gotten used to the dials in Daz, but I could totally get into something like this system if it's compatible with Daz content.  

What is this?  A mod? I couldn't see info on it anywhere. 

Read "A Simple Scribe" on Kindle, a dark fantasy graphic novel made with iClone!    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0DGK4L

djmulcahy
djmulcahy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

eternityblue (12/8/2016)
I really do wish they would reconsider the drip drip drip of info. 

3DTest seems to be working closely with Reallusion, so I think trying his mod and watching his videos should give us a decent idea where we are headed. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKtjihhZQ_qmxEmbBzxt-nQ

And yeah, normally I wouldn't complain about the "drip drip drip", but there's that lovely pre-order deal that keeps staring me in the face.  I don't need iClone content, really, but I'd do it if I knew that iClone 7 and 3dx 7 were both bringing stuff to the table that I knew I could use.  Right now there's just a little bit... some of it's useful to me, some not. I'd like to know how much else will be released before that deal times out.  I'd like to be able to make an informed decision one way or the other before I can't any more.  

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
djmulcahy (12/9/2016)
Hmmm... I haven't seen that video before.  

I've gotten used to the dials in Daz, but I could totally get into something like this system if it's compatible with Daz content.  

What is this?  A mod? I couldn't see info on it anywhere. 

Here is the info and a link for the mod is in the text below the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vrrDJpF7-w

TS

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 17 minutes ago
Kelleytoons (12/8/2016)
One of the things that 3DTest mentions (which is a huge concern) is the need for lip sync in iClone to be "cleaned up" as it's a "PITA" (his words, not mine, but I feel the same).

There is a relative easy way to make lip-sync much better, RL just have to implement it. It makes use of the dialog text along with dialog file itself to guide viseme  assignment. This is not a new idea (it's how Mimic works). 3DTest hints at this approach and I have suggested it many times over the years.

Now with the Python interface to iClone, it may be possible to implement this. Up to now nothing is known about the API (except that it uses Python) as to the scope of the access.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
Right, I've suggested that fix myself (nearly all auto lip sync programs use that).  It's what I do in Papagayo and works amazingly well.

Speaking of which -- if the API does expose that capability, we could use the freeware Papagayo to generate the right phonemes in the right place (it produces an ASCII file with this info) and then plug it into iClone.  I would be a VERY happy camper if that's possible (and would write the routine in a heartbeat -- I've already written a number of custom routines that make working with Papagayo easier).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
So glad to hear a facial animation update is on the list, there's so much potential for improvement. If RL, implements a keyboard shortcut in the face / body puppet mode, incorporate quick and easy morph integration for facial expression and exaggeration via ZB or other sculpting tools along with a good curve editor, iClone will be considered a true pro level animation tool. PBR and Global lighting will add a nice polish.

Looking forward to the next preview vid...

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by VirtualMedia

Reading This Topic