Storyboarding basics

Posted By eternityblue 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
This tutorial I'm watching is one of four on storyboarding, so far it is very helpful. I have a terrible time getting my thoughts down in a linear fashion, and really need better planning. And I'm also finding Window's OneNote very cool for drawing out the storyboards, it is about as simple as can be, you can easily move your drawings around and add text anywhere. 

http://storyboardart.org/free-video-storyboard-basics/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi eternityblue
I study storyboarding as well. But I found that although there were a lot of sources that told you what storyboarding was and how to do storyboarding, there were many fewer sources that analysed the reasons why you would draw one thing rather than another, that showed what you should change in your storyboard so as to evoke various feelings in the audience.

What I found useful for all that was a book by Francis Glebas called "Directing the Story: Professional storytelling and Storyboarding Techniques for Live Action and Animation.
[https://www.amazon.co.uk/Directing-Story-Professional-Storytelling-Storyboarding/dp/0240810767/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481376228&sr=8-2&keywords=Francis+Glebas]

I should add I have no connection with the man or the book.

Regards
Sean McHugh

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, twin HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Win 1064 Bit OS

Reading This Topic