Order iClone 7 NOW!

Posted By Atonnis 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
musicaz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Months Ago
Will iclone 7 have an improved real time render engine ?
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
hattori kun (11/25/2016)
I'm continuosly impressed with this company. This is next level.

Don't sell out to Autodesk or Adobe. BigGrin

You say this, but if they can produce a product I can export viable product from then I'd be ecstatic to stick with iClone.  I went all-in with the pipeline and I've worked out a lot of workarounds and fixes for things to simplify the DAZ-iClone-Unreal process, but since alembic hit iClone and Unreal I can't use them.

People keep saying to me 'use Physx hair, just follow the tutorials on YouTube - create hair and brush it'.  Well when I do that I get explosive hair that doesn't go anywhere near where I want it.  iClone softcloth needs two things to be ideal:  1. Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10GB file)....and 2. A mass calculation of softcloth animation baking and export for multiple (even hundreds, even if it's one-by-one like the export from 3DXchange) of animations.

musicaz
musicaz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Months Ago
I will buy the new Iclone 7 even if the render engine is not improved but i sincerely hope that it is. 
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Atonnis (11/25/2016)
iClone softcloth needs two things to be ideal:  1. Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10GB file).

The Alembic export from iClone has worked will with soft cloth.
Both the hair and dresses of dancing women has been exported and rendered in other software.
So there's hope.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 16GB RAM, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, 500 GB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)

justaviking (11/25/2016)
Atonnis (11/25/2016)
iClone softcloth needs two things to be ideal:  1. Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10GB file).

The Alembic export from iClone has worked will with soft cloth.
Both the hair and dresses of dancing women has been exported and rendered in other software.
So there's hope.

Not from the latest version of iClone to Maya 2016 with a 10GB file.  Setting up perfect conditions and running a carefully scripted tutorial without explanation of what every option does, where they would be used best, etc is not a good tutorial.

The point of tutorials is so people UNDERSTAND what they're doing, so they can produce their own stuff.
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
musicaz (11/25/2016)
I will buy the new Iclone 7 even if the render engine is not improved but i sincerely hope that it is. 

Look at the WIP video; it certainly has improved. It seems to have been completely redone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a09220f-ab50-42ac-ad1a-33ec.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/d14339d0-cd32-4b35-88f9-40a0.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by animagic
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

What I've seen is excellent in the way of model painting and scene lighting.

I just need other things. I would've preferred a video that showed a little bit of everything and as each video is released, it shows just a bit more awesomeness from each area... But it's their product and they get to market it how they like.

So far, nothing for me.  Eagerly awaiting other videos to see what could be for me...
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.4K reputation)

Last Active: 18 minutes ago
ThomasXXL (11/25/2016)
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)

Any chance we can KNOW if we are part of that first group?  At least an email saying "You lost the lottery!" or some such?

Have a look at your Order-History. Is there a iClone 7 Early Access Serial Number? Then, I think, you won the race.

Must not have then -- there is a link to Bonus/Serial number in that early access part, but it says "Will be available after launch".

So, sadly, no.  (I would advise anyone else thinking this to then give up.  Not horrible, mind you, but disappointing.  Then again, if they have already sold $200K worth of product that's a very good sign.  I want this company to be around a LONG time).

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Atonnis (11/25/2016)
rogyrue (11/25/2016)
Atonnis (11/24/2016)

Currently, I'm creating 10GB alembic files that open up as a vertically and horizontally rotated objects whose animations are jerky and unusable (that's if they don't crash).  The alembic export window has no explanation or guidance as to what options to use or why, and the lack of tutorials on it is extremely disappointing.  The ones I've seen are about the beta version and since the last update the export window has changed.

MMmm okay i worked with alembic for a while  now . A 10GB  alembic file would cause you probelms with any application you use . Unless your producing a AAA scene for a major studio and rending on a farm  i just dont see why you would use a 10gb file. What is it your animating ? 

As for alembic i find its about the most reliable form of export when it comes to animation , problems are setting up mats and the time that takes. Some tests i did on alembic from Iclone never had a issue

I'm just exporting a 280 frame animation of a woman doing an animated idle position.  The character came from DAZ originally, and it happens with just about every DAZ character I work off.  I need high quality to start as these are primary characters, but I'm also smoothing out where I can.

On the occasions I have gotten the character into Unreal, I've never had a problem with all the areas that need materials, since an FBX export with all maps put into a folder (plus any spares picked up from the DAZ folder).  The characters always have each area separated for materials.

This might help you , If you can buy Decimator for Daz are if you cant afford that get a education copy of 3DMAX for free . And use its pro optimizer feature . I would say you need to reduce the Polys are faces by at least 30% on all Daz products as they are not made for animation and more aimed at Previz etc. Models will still all look great animated even with a large reduction in polys , just need to find a good balance .

Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

sw00000p (11/26/2016)
Atonnis (11/25/2016)...but since alembic hit iClone and Unreal I can't use them.

...Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10 GB file.

When you work with Game Engines... you should always "Optimize the Mesh" and Instantiate textures and props.
This ensures faster calculations and smooth compiling.
Using a "10GB" file is asking for trouble. w00t

That's the weird thing...FBX files are relatively small.  I thought that alembic files were just storing point cache data.  I don't know how to get all of the animation data exported for a particular model whilst still maintaining the smoothest animation at the lowest cost.

When exporting just animations as FBX files I'm getting 494k per animation and they match up with ANY character I've created with DAZ3D and exported as an FBX, and a detailed one I'm testing alembics against, without having optimised, is at most 25MB in size.

So what am I doing wrong?  I know I could smooth the character down more, but this is a primary character intended for close-up conversation.

Note: with the exported alembic file there are no textures or props.

Reading This Topic