Order iClone 7 NOW!

Posted By Atonnis 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Atonnis
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
We won't tell you what capabilities it has, what it will do for you that our other products do not.

We won't tell you what new technologies it uses, or any change in ease of features.

We won't even tell you when its actually due - just have random Facebook chats that seem to indicate Q2 2017 (that's the latest one I read).

All we'll say is IT'S ICLONE 7! BUY BUY BUY!

Well...not a chance until you can give me a working, stable and fast path for 'softcloth' or physics-based clothing or hair that is exportable to major engines like Unreal and give me a straightforward tutorial on how to do it.

Currently, I'm creating 10GB alembic files that open up as a vertically and horizontally rotated objects whose animations are jerky and unusable (that's if they don't crash).  The alembic export window has no explanation or guidance as to what options to use or why, and the lack of tutorials on it is extremely disappointing.  The ones I've seen are about the beta version and since the last update the export window has changed.

There are plenty of other features and bugs that need cleaning up in the 6.5+ area.  Don't try to sell me on 7 until I have confidence that you can give me a 6 that works for me properly.

Signed,
Gripey Atonnis the Moany-Boney (today anyway)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I truly understand the frustration at the lack of information about what is coming in iClone 7. We do hope to have this ready for you very soon and hopefully before the weekend. Certainly as the pre-sale offer goes on until December 31st there is no rushto take up the offer until the new feature information is available.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter, do we get an IC6 license if we buy IC7 for $159?
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

I'm only seeing 119 upgrade when I login.
159 for a new license of IC6 with pre access to IC7 is avail to existing IC6 users?
LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
With every pre-order of iClone 7 package, you can request a free equivalent iClone 6 package while waiting for iClone 7 to arrive. so as long as you up gradeing or buy you can get iclone 6
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Atonnis (11/24/2016)

Currently, I'm creating 10GB alembic files that open up as a vertically and horizontally rotated objects whose animations are jerky and unusable (that's if they don't crash).  The alembic export window has no explanation or guidance as to what options to use or why, and the lack of tutorials on it is extremely disappointing.  The ones I've seen are about the beta version and since the last update the export window has changed.

MMmm okay i worked with alembic for a while  now . A 10GB  alembic file would cause you probelms with any application you use . Unless your producing a AAA scene for a major studio and rending on a farm  i just dont see why you would use a 10gb file. What is it your animating ? 

As for alembic i find its about the most reliable form of export when it comes to animation , problems are setting up mats and the time that takes. Some tests i did on alembic from Iclone never had a issue

Thanks for the Info LP regarding upgrades to IC7 Smile

Edited
8 Years Ago by rogyrue
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Peter (RL) (11/24/2016)
I truly understand the frustration at the lack of information about what is coming in iClone 7. We do hope to have this ready for you very soon and hopefully before the weekend. Certainly as the pre-sale offer goes on until December 31st there is no rushto take up the offer until the new feature information is available.

Well, I'm a sucker for iClone (despite never having really used it for anything) so I went ahead and ordered.  Hope like hell I'm part of the 1K first orders, because I'd really like to play with this in advance (particularly if you need feedback, as I've been beta on some major software company releases and was helpful to them).

Any chance we can KNOW if we are part of that first group?  At least an email saying "You lost the lottery!" or some such?

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm continuosly impressed with this company. This is next level.

Don't sell out to Autodesk or Adobe. BigGrin

Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rogyrue (11/25/2016)
Atonnis (11/24/2016)

MMmm okay i worked with alembic for a while  now . A 10GB  alembic file would cause you probelms with any application you use . Unless your producing a AAA scene for a major studio and rending on a farm  i just dont see why you would use a 10gb file. What is it your animating ? 

As for alembic i find its about the most reliable form of export when it comes to animation , problems are setting up mats and the time that takes. Some tests i did on alembic from Iclone never had a issue

I'm just exporting a 280 frame animation of a woman doing an animated idle position.  The character came from DAZ originally, and it happens with just about every DAZ character I work off.  I need high quality to start as these are primary characters, but I'm also smoothing out where I can.

On the occasions I have gotten the character into Unreal, I've never had a problem with all the areas that need materials, since an FBX export with all maps put into a folder (plus any spares picked up from the DAZ folder).  The characters always have each area separated for materials.
ThomasXXL
ThomasXXL
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)

Any chance we can KNOW if we are part of that first group?  At least an email saying "You lost the lottery!" or some such?

Have a look at your Order-History. Is there a iClone 7 Early Access Serial Number? Then, I think, you won the race.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homebuild computer, Intel i7-6700K, Mainboard Asus Z170-K, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Asus Geforce GTX 970 4GB, Asus VH242H Monitor, XBox One Kinect Sensor

iClone 6 Pro, 3DXchange 6 Pipeline, CC Essential Complete Bundle, CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline, popVideo 3
Mocap-plugin

Reading This Topic