G3 Custom Character Animations

Posted By brothertcoleman 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
brothertcoleman
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I've suggested for the new  G3 characters, rather than having to key frame all of the custom animations why can't the G1 (Body Puppet) be modified to work with G3 because it seems to be the same angles or possibly be able to record direct movements as in Iclone's (Direct Puppet).

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
8 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
RogueVapor
RogueVapor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
As someone that just bought the Black Friday G1 Powertools set 1-5 because I thought for sure G1 animations would work for G3, I agree.
 Disappointed they won't, and this consideration wasn't take in to consideration. Reallusion should have understood that this would have given older store content increased value and viability.
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
After looking at the Bonus-G3 Human Basic Motions ,these motions are the  exact same ones in the G1 Body Puppet ,created with or converted to work with the G3 characters.
But I really need a way to freely move body parts while masking others that  require rhythm for simulating the playing a guitar,drums and other instruments.
I thought CTA3 would have this after seeing that it had free bone characters and items,its nice to be able to preview the movements in composer mode but why not a way to record the movements.
CTA3 is a really great  program  and buying the G3 Power Tools -Core Bundles Vol.1 & Vol.2 in my opinion is essential if you plan on doing anything with the G3 characters.
You can tell a lot of hard work was put into all of the motions in the 
Core Bundles Vol.1 & Vol.2 .

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d473a232-8eaa-4eab-af64-73a5.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce8b186a-f957-4307-97d1-3190.png

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Jsted
Jsted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I agree. Are there any plans to add freeform, body puppet ability to G3 characters? If we could record real-time, movement with the mouse as we now can with the facial sprites it would make animating much faster with more realistic movement (at least for me as keyframing takes me forever).

Edited
7 Years Ago by Jsted

Reading This Topic