iClone 7 Pre-Sale Offer - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 3.2 stars based on 5 votes.
Author
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Member price - what does that mean?
What does that mean as far as updating previous versions?

I currently own a Hitfilm Pro. It would appear the Iclone Bundle would not help me price wise.
I can update to 2017 version for $185 now, but it is buggy so I plan to wait.
Usually, after initial release has passed it goes to $169

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampart
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago

If you own yet reallusion product , you're a member. If you're completly new user
you get regular price.
Edited
8 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
rampart (11/21/2016)
What does that mean as far as updating previous versions?

Once you purchase any of our products you become entitled to Member discount pricing. Member and Upgrade prices are the same thing and are only available to existing customers. New customers have to pay the full price.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rogyru
rogyru
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Ohh dear , i just signed  in to comment on a video , ended up getting the pipeline for IC7 ,its a good deal . Look forward to testing this out and having access to the pipeline Smile
rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

So it doesn't matter if you bought a pipeline version, pro or standard version pack you get the member price with no update price considerations.
That is good for RL cash flow, but IMO... it isn't fair to loyal customers who purchased previous versions.
Especially, those who purchased the more expensive versions of applications.
RL should have more price tiers for users that are updating their applications...and for people who have bought something, but are not updating a version they currently own.
I bought the CT Animator 2 pipeline version, and the CTA 3 pipeline member price doesn't help me at all.
I don't use CTA 2 that much anyway, so I just decided not to update my version at the member price.

Anyone with half a brain could just buy a FaceFilter3 standard version for $29 and be a member.  Then they could take advantage of lower pricing on everything else.  Pay a little for something you don't really want to get a great price on something you do want. 

I am looking forward to IClone 7, regardless of whether I feel screwed over or not.  I am locked into IClone many thousands of dollars so I'll stay with this old ugly woman I brought to the dance,  even if she does keep stepping on my toes. LOL

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampart
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Wow, those screen shots look super-nice, they really do, but unfortunately I have to wait until I know the complete feature list before I decide anything.
Does look very nice though, so congratulations, Reallusion, very nice work indeed w00tCool

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

BTW, is it fully 64-Bit Windows7 compatible?
I just clicked on "System Requirements" but it doesn't show any, just the iClone7 page Unsure

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
rampart (11/21/2016)
So it doesn't matter if you bought a pipeline version, pro or standard version pack you get the member price with no update price considerations.
That is good for RL cash flow, but IMO... it isn't fair to loyal customers who purchased previous versions.

That went through my mind as well. Usually there is some distinction in upgrade prices.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (11/21/2016)
rampart (11/21/2016)

That went through my mind as well. Usually there is some distinction in upgrade prices.

If the upgrade price for CT Animator pipeline was $50 less to previous owners than the member price it would be consideration for loyal customers.
As it is, customers or newbs who don't own a previous version of the application are entitled to upgrade pricing and they aren't upgrading.
First time buyers of an application who are members...I can agree with member pricing.
However,  members who are updating previous versions of a specific application should have a longer discounts than member pricing.

This type of pricing does cost RL.
I currently own CTA 2 pipeline version and I'm not buying the CTA3 pipeline version.
Why does RL alienate from their customers?
RL could make things better so easy...
RL has all kinds of content they can use for perks with member pricing or upgrade pricing.
RL bundles include incentive content into their new sales packages, why not use the same thinking by including perks for loyal customers and updating customers of previous versions.
This kind of sales practice could be alot of incentive for people, knowing even when they upgraded or bought new products there were incentives for loyalty.
I've bought thousands of dollars in content from RL and it's like starting over every time I buy something.

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampart
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Not being mean but It means nothing without a list of features and improvements fixes :-)

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com

Reading This Topic